nxs 2.5-10 42 sako 85 short action

Not exactly sure on what the ring spacing is on that action but if you like your scopes mounted further forward versus way back it might work?? I could just barely get it right on my Borden Alpine with Talleys, had to turn the front mount around to get it to fit on a Defiance Rebel which has a pretty wide space for a short action.

But I have no idea on what ring/base combos work for that action.

OP
Joshuajosh
Not exactly sure on what the ring spacing is on that action but if you like your scopes mounted further forward versus way back it might work?? I could just barely get it right on my Borden Alpine with Talleys, had to turn the front mount around to get it to fit on a Defiance Rebel which has a pretty wide space for a short action.

But I have no idea on what ring/base combos work for that action.

some nice rifles you have there.... do you like the scope? glass seems meh but I've heard they track extremely well... I've heard from a few others that with the sako Opti lock rings and a short action they do not pair up well and leaves you with a scope mounted to far forward

Only hunted with that scope one season but IMHO its just perfect for most of what I plan on hunting which is mainly deer and antelope and occasionally if I draw an elk tag. The glass is just fine from what I can tell but I'm maybe not as critical as some. I will say its not nearly as nice as my S&B PM II 10x42 glass though ;)

But you are correct, the compact NXS is pretty tough to mount since its a pretty short scope.

OP
Joshuajosh
Only hunted with that scope one season but IMHO its just perfect for most of what I plan on hunting which is mainly deer and antelope and occasionally if I draw an elk tag. The glass is just fine from what I can tell but I'm maybe not as critical as some. I will say its not nearly as nice as my S&B PM II 10x42 glass though ;)

But you are correct, the compact NXS is pretty tough to mount since its a pretty short scope.
yup i have a vx5 and i do think the glass is better there but I've heard of Leopold's failing and I've has a few issues such as a canted reticle with mine so i will choose a little bit of "meh" glass... although im sure the glass will work great either way in lowlight

GLB

WKR
I run one on my 7mm08 and use Talley mounts. This is on a Remington 700 action and it fits just fine with some room to get the eye relief right.
Not sure on your action length but you can compare it to a 700 to see. You could always run a rail if it won’t mount directly.

OP
Joshuajosh

what barrel is on that lower rifle?

The lower rifle is a .243 built by Karl Feldkamp @ Kampfeld Customs, he almost always used Lilja barrels unless you asked for another maker - that one is a #3 contour Lilja and is one of my most accurate rifles and is my go to for antelope:)

GLB

WKR
This is the 7mm08 rifle I mentioned above so you can see how the scope is mounted.

Attachments

• CB7BA916-8156-4718-9B34-B7098BD6039B.jpeg
    CB7BA916-8156-4718-9B34-B7098BD6039B.jpeg
    534.1 KB · Views: 23