nxs 2.5-10 sako 85 short action

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Sako 85 Carbonlight short action 6.5. With Optiliocks (the ones with bases) not the ringmounts I can't get the scope back far enough. I have an NXS 2.5-10x42. Just replaced it with a Tangent Theta TT 315m.

I had the front base flush with the Ejection port. Ringmounts may buy you enough mounting length because I think they give you a few extra millimeters in front without the base. But you have to be mindful that windage is effected with those mounts and they may not work out ideal flush with the ejection port.

OP
Joshuajosh
I have a Sako 85 Carbonlight short action 6.5. With Optiliocks (the ones with bases) not the ringmounts I can't get the scope back far enough. I have an NXS 2.5-10x42. Just replaced it with a Tangent Theta TT 315m.

I had the front base flush with the Ejection port. Ringmounts may buy you enough mounting length because I think they give you a few extra millimeters in front without the base. But you have to be mindful that windage is effected with those mounts and they may not work out ideal flush with the ejection port.
thank you! sounds like its not worth getting this rifle since im looking to put this scope on a new gun

Greetings,
i have several Sako85s in short and medium actions. I finally settled on Leupold QR mounts and rings. The rings do come in both standard and extended models so if the bell will hit the ring the extended ring allows for more rear placement of the scope. I tried the Sako mounts and rings, I absolutely hated them. Talley also makes mounts for the Sako 85. There is a base with a 1/2 inch rrar extension that might even be a better option. Call them, they will help you out i am sure.

matagouri

FNG
Have this nxs 2.5-10 x42mm mounted on a finnlight 7mm mag using the one piece optilock ringmounts. with no problems. All I did to accomodate mounting was to remove the locating pin on the front mount so I could slide it forward....

Any of you tried a rail? I was contemplating an 85 / nxs combo and someone mention a rail they liked but I can’t recall the brand.

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
I have an nx8 mounted on a Sako short action. It won’t fit using the short action optilocks, but fits fine using the medium action (next size up) optilock bases. That puts the front ring a little further out and does just fine. Might work for the Nxs as well. The ring mounts won’t work unfortunately.

flatfoot

FNG
I have a Contessa rail on my Sako 85. It works well. I had to get a 20 moa rail otherwise you lose almost all of your adjustment.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lannyw