NZ chamois 2012

ozzyshane

FNG
A mate and i just got back from our yearly DIY mountain hunt across the ditch (thats what we call the water between Australia and New Zealand) sorry Bruce

The horse ride into the hills it never gets old no matter how manny times i do it
2010_0101picssalefor0895.jpg

With camp set up we went for a look around and show Gave the country as it was his first trip to NZ
2010_0101picssalefor0959.jpg

OP
O

ozzyshane

FNG
Thanks guys it is a great hunt here is some of the country

2010_0101picssalefor0957.jpg

This is my good luck charm he has been coming with me to NZ for over 5 years my daughter calls him little Ted

2010_0101picssalefor0953.jpg

OP
O

ozzyshane

FNG
This is Teds first hunt all three of us checking out the maps 4 years ago

livandted.jpg

OP
O

ozzyshane

FNG
Here are some more pics did seem to be a lot of interest in the hunt
we had one very wild day of rain and wind this is me holding the tent together
2010_0101picssalefor0933.jpg

The day after the storm
2010_0101picssalefor0980.jpg

OP
O

ozzyshane

FNG
Shane since you have a great name here is some more of the story

After showing my mate around the area we hunt i left him to it and i went to have a look at another area that i had got a chamois in before after sitting and glassing for a few hrs i more further down the main spur to glass some more country were i spotted a beded buck after putting the scope on him i new he was a good buck so the stalk was on after about 40min of desending and a lot of crawling i got into 49m from the beded buck and waited for him to stand.

OP
O

ozzyshane

FNG
When the buck got to his feet i came to full draw ready for the shot but for some reason the buck didnt do the normal strech and have a feed he moved of into a fold in the tusocks and offered no shot..

I edged my way forward looking for a shot at about 25m i picked up his horns but he had herd me coming his way i ranged a few spots to my left the first one was 35m when he came out of his hidie hole he proped fro a few secs than was of again then stoped at 55m were i nailed him with a great shot to the heart ,,,

One leap and he was out of sight over into the monkey scrub when i got to were he was i could see this..
2010_0101picssalefor0903.jpg