Oatmeal on a low carb diet

HookUp

WKR
Oats are good for you. It's true eating carbs makes your body crave more carbs. That's where self discipline comes in. A calorie deficit is what you need to focus on and getting the right amount of carbs for fat loss. You can over eat on fats and protein with little effect (not pb!). Dial in your carbs to the amount you want to weight 1 gram per pound ofbody weight and you will hit your goal. Dial it back further and you will hit your goal faster but will most likely be irritable as hell.

*zap*

WKR
I am over 60 and my workouts are pretty strenuous. I would say I average over 100 carbs a day and am averaging a 3/4# drop in body fat a week since I cleaned up my nutrition plan this year. JMO but getting in shape/fat loss requires exercise and proper nutrition not just limiting carb intake. Down from 214# to 197# this year and my strength in free weight exercises keeps going up gradually. I am stronger than I was at 214# in January or when I was 220# a year ago. No processed foods or refined sugar. Why not get stronger and leaner with a proper exercise and nutrition program? Quality of life goes up and there is really no downside to it.

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
The problem with carbs is that they make you crave more carbs. By eating them in the morning, you're causing a spike in blood sugar which is going to feel like a relative low a few hours later and you're going to be hungry again. In my opinion carbs are best consumed at the end of the day, when you can sleep through the effects and they'll be converted to fat by the time you wake up. I consume a bunch of fat first thing in the morning, and don't get cravings throughout the day. If I wanted to indulge, I'd do it at night. I'd cut out the hydrate and recover. It's 9 carbs on a 20 carb a say allowance. It doesn't seem worth it. When you get used to this diet, you're probably going to want to increase the amount of carbs. 20 is really restrictive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I find this to be true.

I have went 100% plant based and have had a considerable increase in energy levels. I am in a several week program to help lower my cholesterol, triglycerides, and also lower weight/body fat. The program is called CHIP a nationally recognized program and is ran by the Lifestyle Medicine department in the health system I work for. I realize it's not for everyone but so far I'm impressed with how it's going.