OBD2 Scanners

Billinsd

WKR
I've got an old Innova 3030
and have used it to get codes when the check engine light comes on and turn it off. Then I look up the code on the internet and find repair solutions. My Innova 3030 can't be plugged into a computer, like the one on the video, mine is older.

My cars are all very new, except my 2002 Tacoma, which I'd be buying it for. What's the least expensive gauge I could buy to give me the most accurate repair solutions, so I can fix it myself? It seems like some gauges are real expensive and have stuff I don't need.

This one looks good. MOTOPOWER MP69033 Car OBD2 Scanner Code Reader

Thanks Bill

Last edited:

Moose63Pa

FNG
I use a bluetooth interface called OBD Link and an android app Called torquePRO. Not sure how well it works on toyota but it has been great on my fords. All in is about $50 and i can scan codes as well as monitor quite a bit of live data.

CorbLand

WKR
Going to pop this back up and look for some recommendations. I have access to a really good reader, not sure the brand or name but its about 20 miles away. I would like a cheap one that can do basic stuff so I dont have to drive that far every time I need one. Primarily will be used in a 2001 Tundra but possibly on a 2017 Kia Optima.

There are a handful on Amazon for 25-40 bucks. Are they worth anything?

Going to pop this back up and look for some recommendations. I have access to a really good reader, not sure the brand or name but its about 20 miles away. I would like a cheap one that can do basic stuff so I dont have to drive that far every time I need one. Primarily will be used in a 2001 Tundra but possibly on a 2017 Kia Optima.

There are a handful on Amazon for 25-40 bucks. Are they worth anything?
Yep they will give you basic function. Read the code and erase the code. That is really all you need. Google the code to figure out the issues. I have had a cheap Amazon one forever.

CorbLand

WKR
Yep they will give you basic function. Read the code and erase the code. That is really all you need. Google the code to figure out the issues. I have had a cheap Amazon one forever.
That is basically what I am looking for. Are there any that suggest or have experience with?

Look up BlueDriver

It’s around $99 on amazon

It plugs into the car, and connects to an app on your phone.

I buy cars for a used car dealership for a living, and have been using this for the last 4 or 5 years. If you scan the car and codes are present, it has the top reported fixes most of the time. You can also monitor all kinds of different live data on most cars.