Ochd

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Me too.

It is highly infectious.

It is passed on genetically, through person-to-person contact, and even over the web.

Primary effects include financial atrophy.

Hardstalk

WKR
I have heard that over 50 men women and children are infected daily with this disease. On a good note this disease wont kill you. Its a disease you die with. Some will never know they have it. Often times leads to loss of production at work. Sore muscles and constant hallucinations. Only way to suppress this disease is with fresh animal blood and or constant pictures of animal horns.

Last edited:

tstowater

WKR
My wife would concur as I believe she would think I have all the symptoms of ochd. In fact, she would say that I am so possessed that I cannot focus on my family for a quite extended period of time before any hunt and that I am willing to sacrifice her and the kids for the sake of hunting. Probably guilty as charged most of the time. She is quite understanding though and will not bother me on a hunt unless it involves her or the kids (death or major accident or illness). She does expect a reasonable amount of attention in the off-season. Problem is that the off-season seems to get shorter and application season is just around the corner. Haven't had the heart to tell her that the first 2013 hunt is already lined up.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My wife just tells me that I have a problem. Before we got married she thought it would just be bad during hunting season. 6.5 months in she has discovered that it is a year round thing....

OP
fillthefreezer
Where did you get the shirt if I may ask? Not sure I want to remind my wife by wearing one is the only problem.
ya! i would think my maps on the dining table and and me cruising the house in my scivies and new hanwags to break them in are a much worse reminder...

I have that and something else called Rifle Addiction Deficit Disorder. (That is RADD) It too is a very serious problem for probably a lot of us. I have a rundown on the disease and how it starts, at least for me if someone should like to read it!?

Hardstalk

WKR
I looked past this thread three times before I opened it. I to suffer from ochd has anyone found a cure?

As previously stated no known cure is avaliable. Only way to suppress this disease is with fresh animal blood and or constant pictures of animal horns.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fairly certain we have been passing it back and forth in our house for years....highly contagious