October Newfoundland--are regular Muck Boots ok or do you need insulated Mucks?

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
I wore uninsulated lacrosse and was fine. It got a little chilly when we were up on high ridges glassing, just put on another layer and was ok

mooster

WKR
I went early October with uninsulated. Temps were low 30’s, wind cold, rain or blowing snow. I was one with two pair of socks. We didn’t sit long, usually we’re moving. So I didn’t have a lot of time to be still and get cold.

teamr2

FNG
I wear Xtra tuff boots in Newfoundland but most of the guides up there wear Dunlop. I also bring a pair of Danner Grouse boots that I've had for years. They are Gore tex and keep me fairly dry unless we are hunting low. Most of the moose we've shot up there are on the ridge tops. It can still be wet but I like the ankle support for the 10-12 mile days.

Attachments

• dtcfJzsnRkmqS51qpVW0+Q.jpg
    dtcfJzsnRkmqS51qpVW0+Q.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 25

Tjwjr89

FNG
I wouldn't worry about insulation but there is no way I'd wear muck boots hunting there with the hiking involved. Unless you want your feet to hate you and you want to add some misery to your hunt just to say you did.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for snake boots. The guides laughed at me when we got there, but twice during our hunt a guide had a boot sucked off their foot in a bog and I went to get it for him.

The only problem with snake boots, and I did wear them in the bog, was my pants got wet. The lower 6" of my pants was saturated from bog water.
The next day, I wore my mucks in the bog, and had my pant legs tucked into my snake boots. = dry pants.
Wasn't a big deal, but I had to dry my pants at lunch time.