Odd finds while in the field

tony

WKR
Reference the mask holes in the woods:
GF lives in Athens Ohio, super liberal college town. I regularly see people running and walking in masks on the walking path through town. Spotted on the other day with a mask on, nobody around for miles. Same path is an old rail line and runs by her place out of town. People will jump off the path and turn way from me and the dog or pull their masks up as you pass. :LOL:

There's a free liberal newspaper there, lady wrote in recently how she was going to take her business elsewhere as wal mart does not enforce the mask mandate. Go head sister, your surrounded by red counties for miles. :cool:

They have truly brian washed an entire political party

SWOHTR

WKR
GF lives in Athens Ohio, super liberal college town. I regularly see people running and walking in masks on the walking path through town. Spotted on the other day with a mask on, nobody around for miles. Same path is an old rail line and runs by her place out of town. People will jump off the path and turn way from me and the dog or pull their masks up as you pass. :LOL:

There's a free liberal newspaper there, lady wrote in recently how she was going to take her business elsewhere as wal mart does not enforce the mask mandate. Go head sister, your surrounded by red counties for miles. :cool:

Who's Brian? Hah.

I was hiking in the Baker-Snoqualmie forest on Sunday and passed people wearing masks, 2.5 miles up the trail. What, are the cedars, firs, spruce, and ferns going to give you COVID?

Hall17

FNG
I hunt a National Guard base and you def. find some interesting things there. Some I leave my hands off since I have no idea what it is. I remember one time grouse hunting on a different piece of land and in the middle of clear cut found an encampment. Didn't spend much time looking around and got out of there pretty quick. Def. looked like someone had a pretty decent set up for something going on

I cant find the pic. But one year I was turkey hunting and sat in between 2 large boulders. After a little while I looked to my left and saw a plastic bag and inside the bag was a death certificate. Pretty weird and not sure why someone would want to hide it in the mountains. I went back a year after that and it was gone.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Trr15

WKR
I was hunting antelope in the red desert in Wyoming and found an old 30-30 case that had to have been there for decades. Not the object that was crazy, it’s where I found it. Miles from the nearest road, no footpath anywhere, literally in the middle of the red desert. Made me realize there aren’t too many spots on this planet that people havent touched.

Last edited:

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
I was hunting antelope in the red desert in Wyoming and found an old 30-30 case that had to have been there for decades. Not the object that was crazy, it’s where I found it. Miles from the nearest road, no footpath anywhere, literally in the middle of the red desert. Made me realize there aren’t too many spots on this planet that people have touched.
That's right. Just about the time you think you are miles deeper than anyone has ever been, you stumble onto an old camp.

I remember running into another hunter deep in the national forest in WI. He seemed surprised, and asked how I got there, thinking that no one had ever gone that deep. He didn't believe me that we used to be able to drive to that spot in the 80's.

Old model t body up in the woods. Not necessarily all that strange, but we were talking to a local and they said that frames were at a premium, so they would dump the body and salvage the frames for other purposes. It was actually in reasonable shape. Found this aspen that had been marked in 1965. We also found a canteen above Camp Hale outside of Leadville. Not that interesting in and of itself but was laying next to a long abandoned fire ring, and it was full of whiskey (it smelled really bad). Last training occurred there in the early 60's. Weve found horseshoes from old draft horses a couple of times as well.Model T.jpg

aspen.JPG

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Not really odd, but sort of cool I think. I found these (and about 10 more of the casings, all stamped 1943) while on a barbary sheep hunt in southern New Mexico.

Attachments

• E3486FF5-8AC6-4D53-95C0-7AA034095D4E.jpeg
    E3486FF5-8AC6-4D53-95C0-7AA034095D4E.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 92
Found this crusty old antler grown into a tree. Has to have been there quite a while. Was tempted to pack in a chain saw and carry it out. Would make a neat pedestal for a mount or interesting end table. View attachment 381048
I would have a hard time living my life knowing that is in the field!! I'd be back in there with my husqvarna tout suite!

On the other hand, I also like to think someone else also found it and enjoyed it.

Found this while out mushroom picking a few years ago. Surveyors will recognize it as a permanent benchmark. Odd thing was that it was right in the middle of the two track run and has probably seen a ton of vehicles running over it. I wouldn't base any survey off of it and expect repeatable results.

It reads "7 years imprisonment penalty for removal" and the crown signifies the queen as this is Canada and all our 'public' land and infrastructure technically belongs to some old lady in the UK.
PBM.jpg

Finch

WKR

I was walking downtown on my lunch break a couple weeks back. I was getting ready to meet this woman that was walking toward me. She proceeded to grab her ponytail and cover her face with it as she passed me by. I'll have to check the science on that one!

First one is about 6 inches, the second is 4.5. Apparently they are called cascade points and are between 6000 and 9000 years old. Found when I was hunting ground hogs in the 5th grade. (On private land)

Attachments

• 20200207_191501.jpg
    20200207_191501.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 94
This is a bit of a off the beaten path tourist attraction around here. This is a abandoned half built hydroelectric project by Prince Albert, Sask. It is called La Colle Falls. The graffiti says 'hook line and sinker'
lacolle.jpg

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Now I feel kinda bad joking about it as I HATE knowing an animal (or human) had to suffer like that (...even a damn coyote).
I’m a bit curious what ways you can consider an ‘ok’ way to die as an animal (or human). Can you list a couple of them?