Odds my July NWT dall hunt happens?

buzzy

WKR
One thing that absolutely needs to happen to get the border open for the season is the US needs to make a bigger effort to help supply Canada with vaccines. 1.5 million loan is not enough. Just for example we are stock piling AstraZeneca and it’s not even approved in US. We need to send more. It benefits both sides.

I read an article today that a 75 year old couple may have to wait 4 months for a second shot. The US and Canada are not third world countries. On a basic humanitarian level that is not acceptable. I vaccinated a large group of young people this past week. The thought of the most at risk having to wait is so upsetting.
The Canadian government had nobody to blame but themselves. They could have entered into contracts with these biomedical companies for the vaccine. They seem more concerned with stopping people from coming into Canada than helping their own people.

Some of these other South American countries are run so poorly they need our help. Canada made their own bed.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
The Canadian government had nobody to blame but themselves. They could have entered into contracts with these biomedical companies for the vaccine. They seem more concerned with stopping people from coming into Canada than helping their own people.

Some of these other South American countries are run so poorly they need our help. Canada made their own bed.

I don’t disagree with you one bit. The criticism the US from the North on how we handled the virus was ruthless. Now here we are a year later and Canada is in the back of the line on how they are handling then virus.

Truth of the matter is we will never get a return on our investments until Canada gets their shit together. A lot of us are holding our breath that the money we spent for services in the Canadian economy doesn’t turn out to be a loss. So the faster the US helps the faster we get there

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
I also got an email this week.
My outfitter is hopeful but not confident that the border will open either. I’m booked for the July 15th opener and I can’t imagine what kind of hoops we will have to jump through to get up there IF the border was to open. His plans are to roll us another year if it doesn’t open. I trust him fully and as pouty as I am about not getting to go, I feel awful for the outfitters.
I had Covid in December and luckily, it didn’t bother me in the least. In our area the vaccine is easy to come by. (Im 34 with no known health issues)
I got my first dose of Moderna last week for no other reason than this pending sheep hunt. From what I’ve read it looks like when the border does open we are going to be required to show that we are vaccinated. I treated it like a cheap insurance policy.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I hope not, but its probably want Trudeau wants...with a 2nd season bagged , there may be some turnover in outfitters. Will be criminal and I hope if any outfitters have to fold up that they sue the Canadian government and take them to the cleaners

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
The part that sucks is what happens if outfitters bag the season too early and the border opens up last minute.

This is why the outfitters at least deserve a plan. This month to month with no plan to prevent a huge backlash is bullshit. It’s beyond overkill at this point.

Truthfully with a vaccine and a negative test the border could be open.

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
May 15th. I honestly don’t blame him. It takes a lot of time and $$$ to get those northern camps ready to go. It would suck for him to do all that and then have the government decide not to open.
Its ridiculous they can’t lay out an opening plan.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
May 15th. I honestly don’t blame him. It takes a lot of time and $$$ to get those northern camps ready to go. It would suck for him to do all that and then have the government decide not to open.
Its ridiculous they can’t lay out an opening plan.

Agreed I am all for cancelling sooner rather than later. It keeps them around till 22 and it helps with the logistics that clients have to work out to get to and from. I’m taking a freezer trailer and driving. It will take me 6 days each way. Planning for that alone is a pain.

buzzy

WKR
I read today that Canada wants to stop using the Azstrazenica vaccine for everyone under 55 due to the clotting concerns. Although no blood clotting cases with this vaccine have been reported within Canada. God dam that country is more screwed up than I thought.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I read today that Canada wants to stop using the Azstrazenica vaccine for everyone under 55 due to the clotting concerns. Although no blood clotting cases with this vaccine have been reported within Canada. God dam that country is more screwed up than I thought.

This season is getting more F’d by the day. I swear to god Canada is now just trying to keep themselves locked down until next year. They will literally find anyway possible to prolong this shit.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the CDC released if you are fully vaccinated that you can travel in country and internationally without quarantine. No vaccine card required.

Yet here we are Canada the world is moving forward and all you can say is “wake me up next month so I can extend the closure”

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder if the the lock downs will impact Ottawa elections. Canadians still have free elections...I think.

bard

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder if the the lock downs will impact Ottawa elections. Canadians still have free elections...I think.
We will be having an election again soon. Every hipster and young broke person will vote the commy Liberals back in since they do nothing but give never ending hand outs. Those same Liberals teamed up with China on a vaccine rather than with the big pharma companies. Nice move Mr Dress up Trudeau. We are ranked between about a dozen 3rd world countries on vaccines given out.

I have a tuna fishing trip booked in august down in Washington state i need the boarder open for. I have to cancel in may to get my refund. I have zero confidence it will be a go. Also i hunt as a resident for stones in BC so boarders closed means less traffic and more rams where i hunt. I love sheep but would rather not get a ram and get some freedoms back

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
We will be having an election again soon. Every hipster and young broke person will vote the commy Liberals back in since they do nothing but give never ending hand outs. Those same Liberals teamed up with China on a vaccine rather than with the big pharma companies. Nice move Mr Dress up Trudeau. We are ranked between about a dozen 3rd world countries on vaccines given out.

I have a tuna fishing trip booked in august down in Washington state i need the boarder open for. I have to cancel in may to get my refund. I have zero confidence it will be a go. Also i hunt as a resident for stones in BC so boarders closed means less traffic and more rams where i hunt. I love sheep but would rather not get a ram and get some freedoms back

When will your election take place? It’s a joke at this point that vaccinated people can’t travel. It’s happening all over the world that restrictions are being lifted for vaccinated people. Yet we can’t even have a damn conversation about it. If I had stone sheep in the United States I would love having more country to myself as well. But just like you not at the expense of my freedom

bard

Lil-Rokslider
When will your election take place? It’s a joke at this point that vaccinated people can’t travel. It’s happening all over the world that restrictions are being lifted for vaccinated people. Yet we can’t even have a damn conversation about it. If I had stone sheep in the United States I would love having more country to myself as well. But just like you not at the expense of my freedom
They havn't called an election yet but they are already starting to campaign. Can be at any time now.

OMB

WKR
Might be something, maybe not, but Eric Church released upcoming arena tour dates and includes July and August events in Alberta and Ontario. I haven't heard anything publicly available about the border being open, but I can't believe a major music act would announce concert dates if they didn't think things would be more back to normal in Canada by then.

Might be something, maybe not, but Eric Church released upcoming arena tour dates and includes July and August events in Alberta and Ontario. I haven't heard anything publicly available about the border being open, but I can't believe a major music act would announce concert dates if they didn't think things would be more back to normal in Canada by then.

Unfortunately, Alberta and Ontario are a whole different ballgame than NWT and Yukon. Those 2 will open much later than Canada as a whole, and at their own pace. I’m not hopeful for my USA sheep hunting friends headed to Canada.

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
Nobody knows at this point what is going on. The governments both could have handled this differently and at least had a tentative plan.
I have believed for a while (and still believe) that vaccination is going to be required for entry into Canada. But Canada is lagging way behind in vaccinations.... It has definitely been interesting to follow.

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
But as far as the Yukon and the NWT goes, they seem to be way ahead of the rest of the country when it comes to vaccines.