Odds my July NWT dall hunt happens?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Might be something, maybe not, but Eric Church released upcoming arena tour dates and includes July and August events in Alberta and Ontario. I haven't heard anything publicly available about the border being open, but I can't believe a major music act would announce concert dates if they didn't think things would be more back to normal in Canada by then.

If that guy was coming to my city I’d be praying that the borders stayed closed. Holy crap that looks awful.....

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
It’s now getting irritatingly humorous that Canadians are traveling back and forth and using land borders to prevent quarantine. Per the Northern version of Joe Biden Canadians should all be vaccinated if they choose by end of summer. What a political joke this is becoming. If someone tries to argue that this is to protect citizens at this point you are an idiot. Even on our side of the border weeks ago the CDC says if you are vaccinated you can’t transmit and have a low likelyhood of contracting. Now that statement has been retracted and it’s unsafe for Americans to travel to Canada even if vaccinated because you might catch or transmit covid. 🖕🏻🤬

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Outfittters are trying their best to please everyone. People behind the scenes are working on a covid plan to accommodate hunters. Coming on here with your middle finger salute doesn’t help anyone.
No, it should be clear by now that there is no plan other than to impose more lockdowns.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
It would appear so......minutes ago just received an email from my outfitter(will not name). My 2022 hunt has been rescheduled for 2024. Little to no hope of border opening in time so will try to keep operation running on Canadian hunters for another year
No way! This is terrible news

JFKinYK

Lil-Rokslider
It would appear so......minutes ago just received an email from my outfitter(will not name). My 2022 hunt has been rescheduled for 2024. Little to no hope of border opening in time so will try to keep operation running on Canadian hunters for another year
Is it an NWT sheep hunt?

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
BC has just imposed lock down check points preventing citizens from moving out of their local areas. This just keeps getting better by the day.

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I would say zero percent for 2021. I am starting to get a little nervous about 2022 even happening. I feel like Canada doesn’t want to open until the case count goes to zero, which will be never. It’s getting a little absurd. I live in SE Michigan close to Windsor and the boat ramps in Ontario are locked down. Apparently going to the grocery store to buy walleye is ok but catching your own spreads covid.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I would say zero percent for 2021. I am starting to get a little nervous about 2022 even happening. I feel like Canada doesn’t want to open until the case count goes to zero, which will be never. It’s getting a little absurd. I live in SE Michigan close to Windsor and the boat ramps in Ontario are locked down. Apparently going to the grocery store to buy walleye is ok but catching your own spreads covid.

Common sense has just flown out the window. I just had my June fishing trip cancelled. Awaiting to hear about my September trip I am sure that will turn out the same.

Tuff, great post, glad to read this. Hope I get up on a delayed Mt Caribou hunt in the Mackenzies! in mid-Sept.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
The EU is letting vaccinated Americans in this summer. New studies are showing that outside transmission is very low risk.

I really hope the US helps Canada with their vaccination efforts. The world is moving to open up. We will be able to travel abroad before we can cross borders in our own continent. This is insane. There are so many ways this can be done.

buzzy

WKR
The EU is letting vaccinated Americans in this summer. New studies are showing that outside transmission is very low risk.

I really hope the US helps Canada with their vaccination efforts. The world is moving to open up. We will be able to travel abroad before we can cross borders in our own continent. This is insane. There are so many ways this can be done.
The question is why does Canada need the help? They aren’t some 3rd world country. Their entire government should be voted out with how poorly this has been managed and at this point I could care less if the US helps them or not as I don’t see anything changing until the fall. The entire summer tourism season will be wiped out again this year.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
It's fully in the US's best interest to help Canada open faster. The US does about 600 billion a year in trade with our deceivingly polite neighbors to the north which doesn't include the sixteen million suspiciously genteel Canadians who visit the US with their funny Canuck bucks every year. Plus a bunch of awesome Americans need to relieve them of some sheep which feels like reason enough. Heck, we can help them (which pays for itself) and they can STILL fire all of their politicians. Everyone wins (except the sheep and the politicians but I think we're all fine with that unless I'm really misreading the room here).

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
It's fully in the US's best interest to help Canada open faster. The US does about 600 billion a year in trade with our deceivingly polite neighbors to the north which doesn't include the sixteen million suspiciously genteel Canadians who visit the US with their funny Canuck bucks every year. Plus a bunch of awesome Americans need to relieve them of some sheep which feels like reason enough. Heck, we can help them (which pays for itself) and they can STILL fire all of their politicians. Everyone wins (except the sheep and the politicians but I think we're all fine with that unless I'm really misreading the room here).

Agreed if we want in it’s in our best interest to help. Do I want to say piss off and let them figure it out......absolutely. The United States has been letting our neighbors to the North in since the pandemic started. On top of that the US received such harsh judgment and criticism from the Canadian government on how we handled things. Case counts and rate of infections where so high. Now here we are a year later and the PM is figuring out the longer you lock people in their house and don’t allow antibodies to develop, you have only prolonged the inevitable.

If helping with vaccine gets me in to hunt I am all for it. Like you said it pays for itself 10 fold. What it also does is in a nice neighborly way says........who’s the a**hole now!