Odds my July NWT dall hunt happens?

buzzy

WKR

I see no way they’re going to suspend elections yet allow US citizens to enter. It’s simply incredible what’s going on.
Agree with you Ariettabonb. The level of stupidity and lack of ability to understand the science of the transmission of the disease is incredible. And the majority of Canadians are ok with it. Just crazy.

Last edited:

buzzy

WKR
I have 2 hunts on hold in Canada and heard back from one of the outfitters today that they are expecting the border to open in August or September and for us to be ready to hunt if we were on the books at the EOY. This is for my BC goat hunt that runs from October to Feb and I"m scheduled to head up the middle of Feb. Hopefully things do move forward with the borders opening in the next few months.

Unfortunately this isn't the best of news for sheep and moose hunters but they may be able to get some guys in towards the end of season.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 hunts on hold in Canada and heard back from one of the outfitters today that they are expecting the border to open in August or September and for us to be ready to hunt if we were on the books at the EOY. This is for my BC goat hunt that runs from October to Feb and I"m scheduled to head up the middle of Feb. Hopefully things do move forward with the borders opening in the next few months.

Unfortunately this isn't the best of news for sheep and moose hunters but they may be able to get some guys in towards the end of season.

I’m not a big optimist when it comes to this topic but I really feel based on what is being said that if you are fully vaccinated you could probably bet on hunting in September. I think the pressure is far to great at this point and fully Vaxed are getting in before end of summer tourism season.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not a big optimist when it comes to this topic but I really feel based on what is being said that if you are fully vaccinated you could probably bet on hunting in September. I think the pressure is far to great at this point and fully Vaxed are getting in before end of summer tourism season.

Canada will have 75- 80 percent eligible pop fully vaxed by beginning of august

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
My early August hunt in the NWT with Gana River is officially moved to next year.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
My early August hunt in the NWT with Gana River is officially moved to next year.
[/QUOTE

I’m afraid with Delta Variant discussions what that will mean. I feel like it’s setting ourselves up for no end in the foreseeable future.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Our President and Canada’s Prime Minister can even make bets about a Hockey match but they leave towns like Point Robert’s in a position that they are going to have to close a fu*king grocery store due to the restrictions.

So count me as one of the Canadians who is pissed the border is still closed. I will say if you are waiting to come anywhere in Canada to hunt that there is no way that anyone not fully vaccinated is going to be allowed to cross the border. Trudeau is under tremendous pressure from the U.S. to open things or at least clarify what the plan is to open. Please pile on and keep increasing the pressure. Really miss visiting friends and family in the states. Right now I do not think there will be significant movement till September or so. Hopefully that is wrong but I am not holding my breath.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
So count me as one of the Canadians who is pissed the border is still closed. I will say if you are waiting to come anywhere in Canada to hunt that there is no way that anyone not fully vaccinated is going to be allowed to cross the border. Trudeau is under tremendous pressure from the U.S. to open things or at least clarify what the plan is to open. Please pile on and keep increasing the pressure. Really miss visiting friends and family in the states. Right now I do not think there will be significant movement till September or so. Hopefully that is wrong but I am not holding my breath.

Right now Canada is providing second shots at an average of 1.4-1.5 percent increase a day. That puts 75 percent eligible to be fully vaccinated by end of July. I sure as hell hope there can be some movement for fully vaccinated Americans before September.

We donated 2.5 million doses and lifted and export ban on Moderna and Pfizer to speed up the process.

I sure hope that I can cross the land border before the fall as well. It is more political than scientific at this point. Here in Alberta we just as of today entered stage 3 of our reopening plan. Our provincial mask bylaw is now history, theaters, bars and restaurants now open as usual. As of July 5 border restrictions for Canadians re-entering Canada that are fully vaccinated are changing. We will no longer have to quarantine for two weeks. A Covid test 72 hours before and one after getting home are still required. We have 71 percent with one shot and somewhere North of 40 % fully vaccinated in Alberta. I personally just had my second shot about one week ago. That was my first chance to get it. Vaccinations are rolling along now finally after a very slow start.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I sure hope that I can cross the land border before the fall as well. It is more political than scientific at this point. Here in Alberta we just as of today entered stage 3 of our reopening plan. Our provincial mask bylaw is now history, theaters, bars and restaurants now open as usual. As of July 5 border restrictions for Canadians re-entering Canada that are fully vaccinated are changing. We will no longer have to quarantine for two weeks. A Covid test 72 hours before and one after getting home are still required. We have 71 percent with one shot and somewhere North of 40 % fully vaccinated in Alberta. I personally just had my second shot about one week ago. That was my first chance to get it. Vaccinations are rolling along now finally after a very slow start.
That sucks, I’d love to hunt with gana river.
[/QUOTE

I am due to cross Aug 27 I just keep watching the vaccine rates climb and climb on second doses. I hope that’s enough. I have a feeling with all this shit circulating about the delta variant that they are going to block even fully vaccinated americans until they reach 75 percent eligible fully vaccinated.

j33

WKR
They are hiring Air Canada flight crews like crazy the last 2 weeks including my sister. Sounds like they are gearing up for the July 21st opening of the border so sound promising for you guys.

I do know of some early/mid Aug cancellations for Americans and pushed to next year, for this year they have been replaced by Canadians. I think they were just cutting it too close to call.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
They are hiring Air Canada flight crews like crazy the last 2 weeks including my sister. Sounds like they are gearing up for the July 21st opening of the border so sound promising for you guys.

I do know of some early/mid Aug cancellations for Americans and pushed to next year, for this year they have been replaced by Canadians. I think they were just cutting it too close to call.

I think we are damn close. Vacc rates are increasing. Provincial health ministers are not scheduling routine press conferences anymore.
75 percent will be reached before the end of the month. Quebec said there would be no fall lock downs that if you are not vaccinated you are at risk. Hell even Boris Johnson from UK with surging numbers (low death rate) said if you can’t open with the aid of the summer season and kids being back in school when can you open?!

I think if you are a fully vaccinated hunter you will get in later in August. I have a feeling property owners and people with cross border loved ones will be next. Truthfully anyone that’s fully vaccinated should be allowed in but it’s only right those two groups I just mentioned be first.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Three of us are booked in the Yukon for sheep and supposed to hunt 8/1. Had it booked for 4 years. Not feeling optimistic. Outfitter has informed us the deposit is non refundable, and that we won’t be rescheduled. Offered the whole trip insurance route a few months ago, but I’ve never had that work even prior to covid.

Situation sucks, use to enjoy hunting Canada. I’m done with it if this goes the way it seems to be heading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travel insurance does not cover the pandemic. I have not heard of a policy yet that provided aide in this situation.

You have been a committed client for 4 years and that’s the treatment you get?! You are not the only person in this boat. A lot of guys that are
victims of being clients during the pandemic are finding out what some of these outfitters are made of.

Money is being taken clients are being told tough shit and outfitters are moving on to future clients. It’s a shame because there are so many that would not be able to financially make this happen again.

buzzy

WKR
Three of us are booked in the Yukon for sheep and supposed to hunt 8/1. Had it booked for 4 years. Not feeling optimistic. Outfitter has informed us the deposit is non refundable, and that we won’t be rescheduled. Offered the whole trip insurance route a few months ago, but I’ve never had that work even prior to covid.

Situation sucks, use to enjoy hunting Canada. I’m done with it if this goes the way it seems to be heading.

Who’s the outfitter not willing to roll your deposit? These jerk offs need to be shared so hunters don’t book with them in the future.
If a hunt can’t be done because the border is closed I understand charging an extra fee for rescheduling a year or two down the line but to take the money and run I hope they get put out of business real soon due to negative social media info as that’s just BS.

Last edited:

Loco4dux

WKR

I bet there’s a lot of folks here who would like to hear who that outfitter is. I definitely would.

I bet there’s a lot of folks here who would like to hear who that outfitter is. I definitely would.
No doubt...I cant imagine being treated like that...I understand some concession to help the outfitter out...but lose your deposit, wow...Most deposits on sheep hunts are in the 10k range...