Odds my July NWT dall hunt happens?

buzzy

WKR
Another problem I didn't think of when my hunt got cancelled and rescheduled tentatively to 2022. Canadian North won't refund tickets. They are only providing a voucher good for a year. If the flight isn't scheduled by the end date of the voucher you are out of luck. That means anyone who had a ticket in 2020 and is pushed back to 2022 they will lose their air fair.

I guess I can contest it with my CC company and if it ends up looking like I can't get compensated I'll be pushing harder with my outfitter to get me on the schedule for next year. It's pennies as compared to the price of the hunt but I don't see why I should be on the losing end of this deal if the outfitter can move folks from 2021 back to 2022 as they have no money invested in flights yet.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
The thing you have to think about as well that’s irritating is everyone that is going this year has paid their hunts in full. The guys for 2021 are still only reserved on deposits. We have the greater investment so far. Covid has affected us all I’m sorry but hunts booked now should be first priority. The reality is their is a better than good chance 2020 season is not happening. I will push for my hunt to be scheduled next year. A lot of unrest would be eliminated with more transparent conversations regarding plans. This is not the outfitters fault though. Transparency needs to start with our mutual governments. Funny after the extension when so many questions need to be answered all you get is .............crickets

Kotaman

WKR
The thing you have to think about as well that’s irritating is everyone that is going this year has paid their hunts in full. The guys for 2021 are still only reserved on deposits. We have the greater investment so far. Covid has affected us all I’m sorry but hunts booked now should be first priority. The reality is their is a better than good chance 2020 season is not happening. I will push for my hunt to be scheduled next year. A lot of unrest would be eliminated with more transparent conversations regarding plans. This is not the outfitters fault though. Transparency needs to start with our mutual governments. Funny after the extension when so many questions need to be answered all you get is .............crickets

I‘ve “lost” three hunts so far this year. I don’t think pushing future hunters out if their spots is the answer. By pushing ‘21 hunters you are now disrupting twice as many people. So far my outfitters are working with me on working me into their schedules in ‘21 and ‘22. Not an easy situation for anyone, but disrupting a whole other set of booked hunters is not the answer. The “not knowing” is the worst part for all involved.

buzzy

WKR
Didn’t think of the deposits but that is a big issue too. Some have been waiting 2 years already and skipping a year just isn’t right. Anyone going in 2021 have no flights booked and less skin “money” in the game than 2020 hunters.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t think of the deposits but that is a big issue too. Some have been waiting 2 years already and skipping a year just isn’t right. Anyone going in 2021 have no flights booked and less skin “money” in the game than 2020 hunters.

Exactly my point. I respect everyone’s opinion because we are all affected differently. All I’m saying in a time that is unprecedented we need all give a little. I realize that the 21 guys probably don’t see it that way and I totally understand. I wouldn’t either. However anyone put in the position that hunters this year are would want their investment to be top priority. In good faith most of the 2020 guys paid off their hunts in full in very uncertain times with the understanding/hope they would be rescheduled for the following year if need be. Personally if I felt like I would have to scheduled out two more years to 2022 I would have appreciated the option to hold my remaining balance until year of the hunt.

SLA

FNG
I’m out two trips so far this year, and a yet to be determined sept trip to Alberta , not looking good. Do have a late season Nevada draw mule deer that should be no problem. I understand you guys frustration.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Have any of you guys that may be going anywhere is Sep had your trips cancelled yet? Due to the spike in reported numbers I feel that has sealed the fate of Border. Trudeau was cited in an article pushing back against the tourism sector today saying there is no rush to open border back up. At this point I really want to book a plan b because waiting till August I feel like will lessen the chance of plan be being available.

Have any of you guys that may be going anywhere is Sep had your trips cancelled yet? Due to the spike in reported numbers I feel that has sealed the fate of Border. Trudeau was cited in an article pushing back against the tourism sector today saying there is no rush to open border back up. At this point I really want to book a plan b because waiting till August I feel like will lessen the chance of plan be being available.
Heck, I‘m scheduled to fly into camp on July 30 and I still haven’t been officially canceled. I have a plan B ready but I can’t go ahead with it until plan A cancels. I’m going to lose out on both hunts.

buzzy

WKR
Still trying to figure out a plan B and want to do a Alaskan Peninsula caribou hunt but friends aren't availalble and way to late in the game to get with an air service.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Scary part is that we are all worried about Canada but even your plan Bs make you think twice in the states. With the documented cases increase (which I think is garbage) Im just slightly cautious that states will get paranoid and shut down nr hunting. We all may not agree with Covid 19 but perception is reality and people think it is the plague

You sound like a nightmare to deal with for your outfitter, maybe a little bit entitled. There is many people who wont be able to hunt this year because of COVID, also a lot of people who will no longer be able to fund it. It sucks for everyone including the outfitters but It doesn't make any sense to bump everyone a year. Many good outfits are booked 3 years out now you are affecting far more people, adding a huge amount of work to the outfitter making dates work with far more people once again.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
You sound like a nightmare to deal with for your outfitter, maybe a little bit entitled. There is many people who wont be able to hunt this year because of COVID, also a lot of people who will no longer be able to fund it. It sucks for everyone including the outfitters but It doesn't make any sense to bump everyone a year. Many good outfits are booked 3 years out now you are affecting far more people, adding a huge amount of work to the outfitter making dates work with far more people once again.

I’m far from a nightmare to deal with. I haven’t pressured nor talked to my outfitter once about when rebooking will happen. I understand your point of view. I was asked to pay my hunt off in full despite these uncertain times. That’s why I feel I should be booked for the next hunt year. If I was told to hold on to last half of hunt till we know more and if I need to be rebooked for 2-3 years out then pay off the balance the year of the hunt then I would feel differently. Everyone feels differently about this everyone’s situation is different. Just because that’s my opinion doesn’t make me an asshole or entitled.

I’m far from a nightmare to deal with. I haven’t pressured nor talked to my outfitter once about when rebooking will happen. I understand your point of view. I was asked to pay my hunt off in full despite these uncertain times. That’s why I feel I should be booked for the next hunt year. If I was told to hold on to last half of hunt till we know more and if I need to be rebooked for 2-3 years out then pay off the balance the year of the hunt then I would feel differently. Everyone feels differently about this everyone’s situation is different. Just because that’s my opinion doesn’t make me an asshole or entitled.
Fair enough. I would have a hard time paying the remainder in full without having a plan in place, and I agree it would be a little different story if they didn't ask for it to be paid during the uncertain times. I hope it all works out, and you can hunt sheep sooner than later.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Fair enough. I would have a hard time paying the remainder in full without having a plan in place, and I agree it would be a little different story if they didn't ask for it to be paid during the uncertain times. I hope it all works out, and you can hunt sheep sooner than later.

Very tough situation for everyone for sure

MFury

FNG
Agree this is a tough situation for all, but especially for guides/outfitters and their families that depend on the season financially. I’m encouraged to see Yukon and BC open their provincial borders to each other. Hoping that with the positive trend, Alberta can do the same.

With the current US trend, hard to see cross border travel opening up though.

I was hoping to do a guided hunt in ’21 or ‘22, but seems like those will be fully booked now. Might have to see if I can get in on a cancellation if inter-provincial borders open further - or wait until ‘23.

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Got the official word from my outfitter (Harold from Gana River) that all of their hunts for 2020 are cancelled. Fortunately will still be able to go in 2021 as everyone bumped back a year. It is tough for all involved. As much as I have been looking forward to going I feel this is the right decision.

ejs21

FNG
Got the official word from my outfitter (Harold from Gana River) that all of their hunts for 2020 are cancelled. Fortunately will still be able to go in 2021 as everyone bumped back a year. It is tough for all involved. As much as I have been looking forward to going I feel this is the right decision.
If you don't mind me asking, are you a US or Canadian resident? I'm holding onto hope that they will allow Canadian residents in.