Odds my July NWT dall hunt happens?

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
Here is an article that will scare many of you. After reading this I will never plan on booking a hunt with Jim Shockey. In the future I will probably avoid Canada altogether and head to Alaska or Russia instead. I definitely would not drop a huge deposit on a hunt and would not pay in full until shortly before the hunt.
So far, everyone I know who had an African hunt booked was able to roll it over to this year and did not have to pay any excess fees whatsoever. Good luck to all of you that are stuck in Limbo for what is looking like another year.

It wouldn't let me copy and paste the whole article, so I just put up the title.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/de...losure-hunt-refunds/

Jim Shockey on the Real Trouble With the Border Closure: Here’s Why It’s Not So Easy to “Roll Over” Your Outfitted Canadian Hunt
Jim Shockey, a legendary Canadian outfitter, on the grim reality of how the border closure has rocked the guiding industry—and created major losses for American hunters

BY JIM SHOCKEY JUNE 16, 2021

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Here is an article that will scare many of you. After reading this I will never plan on booking a hunt with Jim Shockey. In the future I will probably avoid Canada altogether and head to Alaska or Russia instead. I definitely would not drop a huge deposit on a hunt and would not pay in full until shortly before the hunt.
So far, everyone I know who had an African hunt booked was able to roll it over to this year and did not have to pay any excess fees whatsoever. Good luck to all of you that are stuck in Limbo for what is looking like another year.

It wouldn't let me copy and paste the whole article, so I just put up the title.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/de...losure-hunt-refunds/

Jim Shockey on the Real Trouble With the Border Closure: Here’s Why It’s Not So Easy to “Roll Over” Your Outfitted Canadian Hunt
Jim Shockey, a legendary Canadian outfitter, on the grim reality of how the border closure has rocked the guiding industry—and created major losses for American hunters

BY JIM SHOCKEY JUNE 16, 2021
I see nothing wrong with Jim shockey in this article. He is basically going through the ramifications of the border closure, not saying what he is doing to his clients. Sure it isn’t the US hunters fault or the Canadian outfitter but these Canadian outfitters are going through a rough time and the government isn’t helping them in anyway. If we don’t watch out our Gov. will be just like Canada.
If you want to put blame, put it on China there the ones that caused this plandemic.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best news I have heard in a long time.

archer109

FNG
My hunt is rolled over until next year, we were first couple weeks.

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
The part that really rubbed me the wrong way in Shockey's article is right at the end.

"Would the loss of one year’s worth of your discretionary holiday dollars affect your financial future?"

He acts like this is just play money to all the clients. He seems to take no regard that the clients have been living through the same "pandemic" and their livelihoods and businesses have been affected as well. I am sure plenty of these clients have lost jobs or had their business shut down and getting back their deposits is not trivial to them.

WolfKiller, first I put a lot of the blame on China for keeping things secret after they darn well knew they had a leak from the lab into the population. Second in line is Dr. Fauci who was providing funding to the Wuhan lab for this research. Third would be the politicians and their idiotic response with shutdowns and essential vs. nonessential workers, etc. The only politician speaking any sense throughout this whole debacle has been Rand Paul.

buzzy

WKR
Border will open 8/9 for fully vaccinated US citizens. I have heard rumors that NWT and Yukon may not allow travelers. Can those providence’s set their own restrictions??

buzzy

WKR
Businesses in the NWT and Yukon have plans in place and approved by the government. What it all means hasn’t been shared but I’m guessing a quarantine with the outfitter or tour operator. Some places have already dropped quarantine requirements if vaccinated in these providence’s.

Buzzy, provinces and territories can set their own health standards and requirements...and do so, even for fellow Canadians. I was not able to go on hunts to the NWT or Nunavut in 2020 as a citizen of Canada and resident of BC. In 2021 the NWT hunt is a go under a "quarantine with your guide" plan...a 29 question and step self isolation plan that I had to get approved by NWT health group. The 2021 Nunavut hunt is only a month away is getting sorted out as we speak and is looking favorable.

Hey what's up with "Sleepy Joe" not having or laying out a plan to open the U.S. land border to fully vaccinated Canadians ? We have been waiting just as long as Americans who want to come to Canada to be able to once again cross into your Country. Now Canada has announced our plan to let fully vaccinated Americans to begin to enter August 9. Sure hope that this is not a one way street for long. Happy for you guys who have been messed up on hunts now being able to finally get here.

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Hey what's up with "Sleepy Joe" not having or laying out a plan to open the U.S. land border to fully vaccinated Canadians ? We have been waiting just as long as Americans who want to come to Canada to be able to once again cross into your Country. Now Canada has announced our plan to let fully vaccinated Americans to begin to enter August 9. Sure hope that this is not a one way street for long. Happy for you guys who have been messed up on hunts now being able to finally get here.
Our border has been open for Canadians to come in, nothing is gonna change

Kotaman

WKR
Canadians have always been able to fly here regardless of their vaccination status. Don’t know what the hold up is with the land crossing. I would bet it will change/be announced for land crossings soon.

Yeah we could fly. From January to July 5 this included a three day quarantine in a Govt approved hotel with a $2000 price tag as well as tests when we came back to Canuckistan. It is the land border I am waiting for.

pharmdeez

FNG
Yeah we could fly. From January to July 5 this included a three day quarantine in a Govt approved hotel with a $2000 price tag as well as tests when we came back to Canuckistan. It is the land border I am waiting for.
Right, but that was Canada’s rules. There was no quarantine requirement upon arriving in the US. I have been trying to travel to Canada to visit my in-laws for the past 18 months and have been unable to. They could have flown to the US pretty much any time and as of the July 5 change would not have had to quarantine when they returned home.
As it is I have bumped my trip once again and will be allowed to go in September/October if the current plan for opening holds up.