Off bow quiver ideas anyone?

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I just discovered that my quiver is causing torque issues, especially at longer ranges (about a foot at 60 yards). I'm taking it off and am trying to figure out what to do. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach what I already have my pack (Tenzing 1250) without buying something new. Any ideas?

I have a removable quiver for this very reason. If I have the time the quiver comes off. I have been able to attach mine to my packs with the waist belt and compression straps on them and still grab an arrow without taking it off. I was using a blacks creek canadian at the time.

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is removable, but it's the Octane with the tension screw so it's not exactly fast. Which one are you using?

Brent1321

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting topic, as I love shooting my bow with quiver off. A Tight Spot quiver with 5 arrows certainly makes a difference. A Tight Spot does come off really quick, just never gave much thought to removing it. I will this year, give it some thought. I suppose if I am waiting on a wallow, game trail, or any expected path for an elk to take, I could nock an arrow and remove the quiver. I would imagine about any quiver could be lashed to a pack. Be a shame though to be presented a shot and have all your arrows lashed to your pack, where you couldn't get to them in time. Give and take with everything in this "game".

Brent

I have a TightSpot and it comes off really fast. This quiver is pretty awesome for quick removal when you want to.

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I have considered the Tightspot quiver. For those of you who are shooting with the Tightspot attached, how is it working out? Torque issues?

Much less torque than a standard. For me I can shoot it with quiver on with good success. As long as bubble is level and I follow through.

Chuffness

FNG
Much less torque than a standard. For me I can shoot it with quiver on with good success. As long as bubble is level and I follow through.

Same here... There is very little tourque. However I tuned and sighted with my quiver on so that helps opposed to just throwing on a quiver at the last min.

Lawnboi

WKR
Tightspot man! The tightspot is a pretty light quiver, and i can get it sitting so close on my bow that it is touching the roller guard. I dont notice a difference at all really it dosnt add any noticable torque like my old fuse quiver did. Definetly worth the investment.

The tightspot is also very adjustable, you can adjust it any way you want. A nice heafty stabilizer would also help a little to balance things out a bit. Im running a 8.5oz 10in bstinger so that could be part of the reason im not feeling very much torque. I plan on going a little lighter and shorter on my current bow though.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to shoot with it on just put a offset stab bracket on and it will even it out, play with the bracket till it sets perfect in your hand.

When I am hiking/hunting on the move, my tightspot is on my bow and will not come off. I love it! I used to hate pretty much every other quiver I have ever used because it would change the POI of my shot no matter what I did. Being a whitetail guy up until about 2 years ago, I always would practice with it off and then hunt with it off from a treestand or groundblind. My hunting style has changed dramatically and there is no way I could do it the same without my quiver readily available and attached to the bow. The tightspot is ridiculous, I love it! It hasn't caused any change in the POI of my arrows at any range.

While bear hunting from a stand or blind, I will take it off, that is about it.

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
I love my tight spot. I've been practicing with a full quiver at 3D shoots and noticed very little difference, even out to 60-70 yards

J-Daddy

WKR
As far as shooting with a quiver on the bow my 2 favorites over the years have been the Tightspot and the old FUSE 2 piece quivers...It's hard to beat the Tightspot for numerous reasons though, easy to take off if you want to, adjustable in pretty much every way you could want to adjust a quiver, extremely well made and a great company behind them...With most 2 piece quivers your kinda stuck with what it is, if the gripper doesn't fit your arrows tight your stuck, with the Tightspot you can even adjust that...

Maxhunter

WKR
Here's what I've used for the last 30 years from a company called Trautman. They don't make them anymore but if you could find someone who does leather work, I'm sure they could make you one.
Quiver1.jpg

Quiver2.jpg

Quiver3.jpg

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never had an issue with the quiver causing this. I do use detachable quivers on my blind/treestand bows though to free up range of movement.

When hunting in the backcountry or in the open prairie I prefer my arrows on my bow at all times and usually use a two piece quiver. I have hunted with a quiver that can be attached to my pack and have hunted that way before. It is nice to free up the weight a bit and make the bow more compact but for me.....I always take my pack off once I get into the "red zone." Sure I could put the quiver back on my bow while completing my stalk but this is un-necessary movement.

For example: I was still hunting an area in the mountains this year getting aggressive and pushing in on an elk bedding area. I came across a bull that was 48 yards away. No wind, dead silent, luckily it had rained making the ground quiet! All I did was slowely lower my pack to the ground and complete the stalk. I don't want to make any other movement if possible. The chance of straps making noises and clanging parts together is always a possibility. I was able to get to 28 yards of that bull without him knowing. Unfortunately it wasn't the big boy. The less adjusting I have to do the better.