Off grid food co

Tcsmith09

Lil-Rokslider
So I went on the past two weeks to buy off grid meals and every time they have been sold out. I have been on right at the 5:30 mark and nothing. Is there something I’m doing wrong or do they just go that fast?

I would guess they just go that fast. They are waiting on new equipment to show up and setup to try and fill orders faster. The equipment needed is built to order so it's taking a bit for the process and out of their hands so to speak. A small company just trying to catch up to their rapidly expanding customer base.

OP
T

Tcsmith09

Lil-Rokslider
I would guess they just go that fast. They are waiting on new equipment to show up and setup to try and fill orders faster. The equipment needed is built to order so it's taking a bit for the process and out of their hands so to speak. A small company just trying to catch up to their rapidly expanding customer base.
That’s what I was thinking, I’ll try again this week. Good for them, hopefully they get the new equipment soon so they can catch up with demand

NDGuy

WKR
I wouldn't bother, plenty of reputable companies making freeze dried meals for less money and near same nutritional value. Save your money and grab some stuff from a company that has their shit together.

I'm waiting for their growing pains to be over before trying to deal with them.

OP
T

Tcsmith09

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't bother, plenty of reputable companies making freeze dried meals for less money and near same nutritional value. Save your money and grab some stuff from a company that has their shit together.

I'm waiting for their growing pains to be over before trying to deal with them.
I have several other meals from different companies I just heard theirs are very good and wanted to give them a try. What companies are you using?

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I've used and really like most of the Off Grid dinners, as well as breakfast. They are hard to get ahold of at this time but they'll get over their growing pains soon enough, I'll bet by next fall they'll be much more streamlined.

Next Mile meals have some solid selections, my personal favorite is the Chicken and Broccoli.

Heather's Choice is pretty good stuff, I really like the Salmon Chowder and their packaroons are some of my favorite backcountry snacks.

I sneak in Mountain House here and there still and I've heard good things about Peak Refuel but haven't tried any of their stuff yet.

None of them are cheap, only way to get cheap freeze dried meals is to chip in on a freeze drier with a dozen of your closest friends and do your own ;)

Oh heck....I remember when KUIU didn't have even 30% of their listed product actually available. Talk about growing pains. But they went on to succeed in huge fashion. Off Grid will likely do the same thing if they persevere. I can't ever find their dinner entrees in stock. I've given up on trying, but some day they'll be available readily and I'll try them. That's if my care provider will fix them for my evening meal....lol!

And edit this to add that I checked Heather's Choice website and they show just one entree available to purchase. One. At a time of the year when logic says they should have max availability. I'm not banging on them in any way. Their products are selling like crazy. $15 for a bowl of chowder and they can't make enough of it.

Last edited:
Oh heck....I remember when KUIU didn't have even 30% of their listed product actually available. Talk about growing pains. But they went on to succeed in huge fashion. Off Grid will likely do the same thing if they persevere. I can't ever find their dinner entrees in stock. I've given up on trying, but some day they'll be available readily and I'll try them. That's if my care provider will fix them for my evening meal....lol!

And edit this to add that I checked Heather's Choice website and they show just one entree available to purchase. One. At a time of the year when logic says they should have max availability. I'm not banging on them in any way. Their products are selling like crazy. $15 for a bowl of chowder and they can't make enough of it.
Yea to me it's definitely a sign the economy is good when people are dropping that kind of money for one meal while hunting. I sure hope this isn't a sign of what hunting is to become, where everyone that can afford to do it is running around in $1000 worth of hunting clothes with $600 back packs eating their organic, free range, low sodium, grass fed dehydrated $27 per bag meals.

NDGuy

WKR
Yea to me it's definitely a sign the economy is good when people are dropping that kind of money for one meal while hunting. I sure hope this isn't a sign of what hunting is to become, where everyone that can afford to do it is running around in $1000 worth of hunting clothes with $600 back packs eating their organic, free range, low sodium, grass fed dehydrated $27 per bag meals.
Can't forget their custom $2,000 rifles topped with a VX6 to shoot a forky 100 yards off the road.

Can't forget their custom $2,000 rifles topped with a VX6 to shoot a forky 100 yards off the road.
Custom and $2,000 aren't in the same category. I would call that factory custom or modified price range. $3,000-$4,500 I would classify the custom route.

But you look so good with that custom rifle at 100yds though!:D

Savage99

WKR

That’s funny, but if I had all my other gear where I want and had the money I would do that. I guess I have Rifle envy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoso5150

WKR
So I went on the past two weeks to buy off grid meals and every time they have been sold out. I have been on right at the 5:30 mark and nothing. Is there something I’m doing wrong or do they just go that fast?
Ordered their Cascade trial pack this week. Looking forward to trying them.