Off grid food company- Contact?

OP
M
Another update: Got someone on the phone, said they haven't had internet in a few days. He apologized for missing emails. He is supposed to be getting in touch with his website guy and fixing the gift card problem, then giving me a shout back. We shall see.

Another update: Got someone on the phone, said they haven't had internet in a few days. He apologized for missing emails. He is supposed to be getting in touch with his website guy and fixing the gift card problem, then giving me a shout back. We shall see.
I would ask for a refund on your gift cards and get meals somewhere else. Shouldn't be that hard to spend your hard earned money. Just my 2 cents

That’s weird. They’ve posted plenty of content on social media and made mention of uploading new batches of meals to the website over the last few days. Seems like you could answer emails from your phone if you’re able to do everything else mentioned above.

I talked with them at one of their sports show booths last month. Between the interaction I had with two of the guys at the booth - and the $15 price tag for meals - it will be easy to shop elsewhere.

I had issues trying to order meals last year. It wouldn’t let you order more than one pre-order meal at a time, and I wasn’t going to place 4 separate orders. They never fixed the issue after I asked about it either. Oh well, there’s plenty of other meal options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Still waiting on my call back as of today.

Just called in to Spencer, they still don't have internet and he is out of town. Apparently their IT company is coming in tomorrow to hook the internet back up and then I should receive a call so that I can get my order placed with a gift card.

In case it isn't obvious, I would not recommend anyone get involved with this company.

NDGuy

WKR
So disappointing, won't be bothering with these guys. I was excited to try them out.

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Everyone,

First off, let me apologize for anyone who has not been able to get a hold of us. No excuse, we take calls and emails daily, so there's no reason it shouldn't get to us and definitely no reason for us not to respond, and if we haven't, its definitely not intentional. We are a two man shop and we both do it all. We don't have a large team behind us, and have built this little business from the ground up with little help. We appreciate your patience with us as we grow. End of the day Zach and I are hunters, and we're here for you guys, fellow hunters. I'll personally pick through these comments and get everyone taken care of, and for future reference, Zach and I's direct contact info is below. Please call or email us anytime.

Spencer Trippe
[email protected]
231-360-1357 - mobile
360-325-4241 - work

Zach Slesk
[email protected]
360-325-4283 - work & Mobile

To those who have been wondering about dinner meals:

We have been putting weekly batches on the website (36-50 dinners) for the last few weeks and are doing two this week and hopefully two going forward. Unfortunately, they have been selling out in less than a couple hours so far. No more pre order BS - only downside is that they will most likely view as out of stock except for when we drop small batches on the web. We are trying to find a way to make more (Working on a large freeze dryer) so we can have more available. We'll post on instagram before putting the small batches of dinners on the website. We hope you guys enjoy them.

To the $15 price point... We can't sell them for any cheaper. They are packed with extremely high quality ingredients (I'll argue higher quality than anything on the market all day) so they perform in the backcountry for a hunters needs. We don't use cheap filler products, preservatives, and all of our breakfasts and dinners are made by hand in small batches, and made in a kitchen not a factory. At the end of the day we just cant compete with the big companies on price, but we do on quality - you get what you pay for.

If anyone has an outstanding pre-order on dinners please call us ASAP and we will take care of you with new meals and a refund.

Finally - the code "ROK19" will be up by monday 3/11/19 to get all of you guys on here 20% off your next order, Y'all Roksliders have been vital to us - and we greatly appreciate that and want your support so If we have to earn it back we will!

Thanks gang,

Spencer

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Still waiting on my call back as of today.

Just called in to Spencer, they still don't have internet and he is out of town. Apparently their IT company is coming in tomorrow to hook the internet back up and then I should receive a call so that I can get my order placed with a gift card.

In case it isn't obvious, I would not recommend anyone get involved with this company.

Wes, looking into your gift card now, I will shoot you a direct or text message and re-set your gift card code for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Not attacking or defending, took forever to get my stuff, still don't have all of it, but Spencer was quick to contact me back with every email I sent. He admitted the pre-order stuff was a mistake and he said they will not be doing it again. You'll only be able to order in stock items. He's a small shop, him and one other person, he was "outted" here on Rokslide and a couple other places and was not prepared for the overwhelming interest he received in his products. I'll keep ordering from him because everything I've had so far has been great and I think they'll have things much more streamlined in 2019.

Thanks Duane! Appreciate your patience.

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Don't want to be negative toward a small business guy trying to succeed. Everything I've eaten from OG has been delicious. However I've only been able to obtain breakfast products and trail bars. I've not ever found the entrees in stock, and I'm not into backordering my food supply. I'll likely continue to check their website and buy some of what I like if it's in supply. If not, I'll be a bit sad and move on.

Hey Kevin,

Glad you've liked what you've had! Sorry we have not been able to keep dinners in stock more regularly. We are dropping a batch or two of meals on the website weekly now, but they are going fast! We'll post on social before Zach puts a batch up this weekend! Working on a mega freeze dryer for next year!

I hesitated to respond, because of the old “if you don’t have anything nice to say...” mantra, but I have to respectfully disagree with you Spencer.

The pains you attribute to being a small business are things that every small business has to work through. Obviously yours depends heavily on customer service for its success. You fault the factory guys for supposedly using “fillers, cheap products, etc.” but then say your difficulties come from “not being made in a big factory, it’s all individual batch” and that you’re working to get bigger equipment. So it seems like you fault them but then also passively acknowledge that you need those resources.

This is the same kind of arrogance and excuses that I received through customer service and at the shows. When I was asking for information about your products and why I should spend $15 a meal compared to cheaper options I was given very little info and treated like an inconvenience. Be ready to explain things to people who want to know and are willing to research.

Don’t be mistaken, I don’t have a problem paying for a quality product. But don’t patronize me by charging that much and just making the statement of “you get what you pay for”. There’s a thing called value in a product as well, you reach a point where a higher price does not exceed the purpose or benefit of a lower priced option. Implying that a person is cheap or is getting an inferior product for spending less just comes off as arrogant and condescending.

Like I said before, I wouldn’t be buying any OG foods after my interactions. This thread could have changed that, but it didn’t.

I still wish you good luck with your business and hope it is successful.

EDIT: Just for the record I did purchase two meals at one of the shows, but I haven’t tried them yet.

Last edited:

Spencer@OffGridFoodCo.

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I hesitated to respond, because of the old “if you don’t have anything nice to say...” mantra, but I have to respectfully disagree with you Spencer.

The pains you attribute to being a small business are things that every small business has to work through. Obviously yours depends heavily on customer service for its success. You fault the factory guys for supposedly using “fillers, cheap products, etc.” but then say your difficulties come from “not being made in a big factory, it’s all individual batch” and that you’re working to get bigger equipment. So it seems like you fault them but then also passively acknowledge that you need those resources.

This is the same kind of arrogance and excuses that I received through customer service and at the shows. When I was asking for information about your products and why I should spend $15 a meal compared to cheaper options I was given very little info and treated like an inconvenience. Be ready to explain things to people who want to know and are willing to research.

Don’t be mistaken, I don’t have a problem paying for a quality product. But don’t patronize me by charging that much and just making the statement of “you get what you pay for”. There’s a thing called value in a product as well, you reach a point where a higher price does not exceed the purpose or benefit of a lower priced option. Implying that a person is cheap or is getting an inferior product for spending less just comes off as arrogant and condescending.

Like I said before, I wouldn’t be buying any OG foods after my interactions. This thread could have changed that, but it
didn’t.

I still wish you good luck with your business and hope it is successful.

EDIT: Just for the record I did purchase two meals at one of the shows, but I haven’t tried them yet.

Man, appreciate your honesty and sorry if that came out wrong. Not blaming any problems we face on anyone but us. Wasn't trying to point the finger at any other companies, was just trying to explain why our dinners have a high price point, which basically comes down to expensive, high quality ingredients we choose to use. I should have used a different phrase than "you get what you pay for" to explain that. Extremely sorry you felt like an inconvenience at the Portland show, definitely not our intentions and we had a blast chatting and talking with people.

Best of luck to you this coming season, do let us know what you think about the dinners!

Spencer

So I've tried to reach out to Off Grid food CO twice in the last couple of weeks via email and their contact page with no success.

Anybody had any luck getting in touch with them? Just wanted to know when their entrees would be back in stock, if ever?

Thanks
Off grid was just on Kifarucast and talked about their release plans moving forward.

I had the chance to try two of the three meals I purchased from OG Foods that I mentioned above. I tried the 3 cheese mac with bison and a breakfast meal of strawberry mango oatmeal.

3 cheese mac was a letdown. The bbq bison inside wasn’t bad, but the cheese sauce was gritty and lacked any flavor. Also, the portion size seemed to be on the smaller side for the pouch size. I’m not sure if this was a filling error? Overall I think for $15 there’s other meal options I will be considering. This one didn’t live up to the “we use much higher quality ingredients than everyone else” statement I was given as justification for the value.

The breakfast predator oatmeal was decent. I make my own oatmeal packs to take and will probably continue doing so. It had good flavor and good quantity to carry me through the morning and into the afternoon. It’s just not cost effective for me to continually purchase these. I make my own and a much lower price per unit and have enjoyed those.

I’ve still got the quail pad-Thai to try from OG Foods, but after the first couple of meals I’m less optimistic about what I will be getting. I’m interested to hear what they said on kifarucast, as of right now it’s not likely that I will be a repeat customer.