Off grid food review

I decided I should start trying some dehydrated meals before heading out on a ten day archery elk hunt. I’ve been given this advice from a few different people who are pretty well seasoned in western hunting.
I tend to be pretty picky about what I like and don’t like when it comes to food. I briefly scanned the list of mountain house meals and peak refuel. Peak’s menu seemed much closer to my liking. But I wanted to keep looking for something that didn’t pull up on an initial cursory google search.
I came across “OFFGRID” food company and as soon as I saw the menu, I knew I definitely wanted to try them out. I received my first meals a few days ago. Quail Tinga Tacos and Bison Penne Pomodoro. I must say these were really good and received an A grade from my wife and daughters as well. Both of these meals will be coming with me this September.
The one issue to be aware of is the time to receive the meals. I ordered on March 3rd and received them a few days ago. So if these peaked your interest just plan ahead a little bit.

homers

WKR
I wish I could find a company that doesn't load up on sodium (and maybe a bit less sugar). How about someone just add what they want on the side after it's been rehydrated?

Warmsy

WKR
I wish I could find a company that doesn't load up on sodium (and maybe a bit less sugar). How about someone just add what they want on the side after it's been rehydrated?
Yeah that's a good point. Im often hungry man at the end of a long day, but I haven't necessarily been sweating like crazy, either. I also use very little salt in my cooking. Anything with a bunch of sugar is just off the menu for me.

DRUSS

WKR
I really enjoyed both the flavors you listed they also had a trail mix that was good. I haven't seen off grid for awhile, I wondered if they had shut down?

Their freeze dryer broke but they're back now i think. They're using a dehydrator now tho. Stowaway gourmet is just as good if not better, you would like them if you like off grid

Lowg08

WKR
I’m on a low fat, low sodium diet and the pre made meals are not blood pressure, high cholesterol friendly. I try to eat clean too. They also tend to cause some stomach issues. So I have began putting together my own meals at home for this year. We( my son and I)are beginning to try our own meals. He is also very picky. I found the clever hiker to provide simple meals with lower sodium. We will be doing a backpack turkey hunt. I can report back then.

CB4

WKR
I have not had a bad meal from Off Grid. Bison Fajita bowl is the favorite. I know they have had struggles with their equipment. I may try the dehydrating my own as well. More as a way to lower cost than anything.

NDGuy

WKR
Too expensive for me, it's like going to a restaurant in the backcountry every day.

I found Hawk Vittle which is cheaper and very tasty. Shipped in a week!