Off Road Poker Run

Chanimal

FNG
My company is looking into team building/networking events to give back to the employees and network with other folks this summer. Typical events are golf tournaments, trap shoots and that kind of thing. Those events tend to exclude a certain people from participating. I suggested hosting a poker run for side by sides, dirt bikes, jeeps, etc... Even if folks didn't have their own vehicle they could hop in with others. We are planning to include an element of community service by incentivizing trash pickup with prizes for most trash collected.

I'm starting to look into this, I didn't know if anyone has set up something similar on NF and/or BLM roads/trails. Are there permits required, etc?

Also if anyone has feedback or suggestions in general I would like to hear it!

• Entry fees, company covered
  • Charity suggestions for donation of excess entry fees (Trail maintenance/Public land focused)
  • Oddball prize categories? Poker hands, first/last to finish, most trash picked up, etc...

Last edited:

Laramie

WKR
Sounds like a cool idea but are you really going to charge your employees an entry fee for a team building event?

OP
C

Chanimal

FNG
Sounds like a cool idea but are you really going to charge your employees an entry fee for a team building event?
Not for our employees. I would like to get some sort of buy in from other company participants, maybe entry fees in the wrong language, donations or event sponsorships similar to a golf tournament setup. I'll edit the original post.

Rob5589

WKR
Colorado has a huge off roading community. I would reach out to one of those groups; poker runs are a pretty popular events.

Idk too much about it but have read a few other things over the years.
Yes permits, permits, permits.
Blm will be easier the NF
You will be limited to the amount of people, aka it is tiered, not 100% on the numbers but 10, 25 etc.

Must provide bathrooms.

If filming separate permits.

Id just hire an experienced event planner.

It seems like even planning a clean up on blm is difficult.