Off season hunting opportunities

Elkangle

WKR
Was just curious what kind of fun March-July opportunities some of you guys have found...not looking to break the bank

Was thinking axis deer in texas, maybe blackbuck or stag in Argentina pending the prices I can find...

Newzealand seems out of the cards unless someone knows of a semiguided options, are self guided landowner tags possible down there ?

carmanusa

FNG
Many options but spring turkey would be a viable quick fun either guided or public opportunity.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
You can hunt NZ public land for tahr, chamois, red stag and whatever else without a guide. Lots of guided and semi guided options available, the biggest cost really is airfare, it's not cheap.

As already stated, spring turkey all over the US and spring black bear in many states.

Wapiti1

WKR
Predators, including lion or bear. Turkey. Hogs are always available.

New Zealand can be hunted DIY on their public lands.

There are some spring/early summer hunts in Europe and the UK for chamois, roe buck, boar, red deer and birds.

Jeremy

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
Yeah not big into bears or turkeys atm...

Anyone know some good semi guided outfits in newzealand?

Contact the Department of Conservation in the area you’re thinking about visiting. I think that would depend on what animals you want to hunt. I knows guide that you could pay by the day. 300NZD per day, plus 1 per kilometer, plus food.
PM me if you want their contacts.

Yeah not big into bears or turkeys atm...

Anyone know some good semi guided outfits in newzealand?

Brendan

WKR
Normal waterfowl runs into February here, then Spring Snow Goose runs through April, with middle March to Mid April around here apparently being the good season. 25 bird / day limits, no plugs, etc. Outfitted/guided hunts are surprisingly inexpensive when you compare to anything big game... Ask me in April how my hunt was...

Then, Turkey starts in the beginning of May. Then I've got 3 months to fish until hunting starts up again.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Shed hunting in addition to bear, turkey and running cams.

Not my thing but maybe predator hunts?

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
Thanks for the replys everyone !

So far Hawaii axis,New Zealand, cat hunting in NM, and then texas axis are winning... pretty sure I can pick at least two of these

Fatcamp

WKR
Florida Problems:

We were there during that cold snap. Didn't find any iguanas though. That one in the picture is tiny. We saw one along a canal in the Keys that was huge. Like, really big. No way I would tangle with that one without a tool.

Snakes are where it's at though.

Ultimate Rokslide live hunt.