Off season hunting opportunities

Newzealand seems out of the cards unless someone knows of a semiguided options, are self guided landowner tags possible down there ?

Landowner tags?

my man it’s time for you to get the google fu fired up and get some better intel.

import paperwork
Flight to christchurch/queenstown
Rental car
Kill shit
Export permit
Fly home

Landowner tags?

my man it’s time for you to get the google fu fired up and get some better intel.

import paperwork
Rental car
Kill shit
Export permit
Fly home

It is almost that easy. Lots of people do it. I’d probably do Tahr.

Marble

WKR
I hunt Turkey. But what I have been really enjoying is archery tournaments and leagues. Keeps me sharp and looking forward to closer date than September.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Can do combined axis and mouflon sheep in Hawaii for $1000 for the weekend in addition to airfare year around.

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
Landowner tags?

import paperwork
Rental car
Kill shit
Export permit
Fly home

Yeah people seem to say its simple but it seems every diy/public land hunt is pretty far into the backcountry...I've been looking essentially for an easier type hunt with a nice place to stay (shower,clean water)...I'd love to be all hardcore but it's not in the cards this year...restricted to day hunts & over nighters till my health gets better

So ya... landowner tags lol I've done lots of googling and have yet to see any type of outfit that offers something like that or trespassfee or even semiguided public land ....idc if its private or public if it's a fun hunt and the animals are challenging

Thanks

Yeah people seem to say its simple but it seems every diy/public land hunt is pretty far into the backcountry...I've been looking essentially for an easier type hunt with a nice place to stay (shower,clean water)...I'd love to be all hardcore but it's not in the cards this year...restricted to day hunts & over nighters till my health gets better

So ya... landowner tags lol I've done lots of googling and have yet to see any type of outfit that offers something like that or trespassfee or even semiguided public land ....idc if its private or public if it's a fun hunt and the animals are challenging

Thanks

Sounds like you need to go to Africa.

If you left the heads over there and only brought home memories and pictures a guy could have a ball for 2,000$.

Do a cull type or hunt.

Can do combined axis and mouflon sheep in Hawaii for $1000 for the weekend in addition to airfare year around.

where you killing mouflon sheep at March-July for 1000$ In Hawaii? Small kine pockets up north lanai, but getting that and a axis otc tags in a weekend?

I know mid to late 2000’s the herd was pretty good on big island. Saw them up on saddle road but they chopper culled almost all of them.

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
Sounds like you need to go to Africa.

If you left the heads over there and only brought home memories and pictures a guy could have a ball for 2,000$.

Do a cull type or hunt.

Do a cull in new Zealand or in Africa?

I kinda wana bring some meat home so africa is out atm...dont care a ton about the horns but obviously they are a nice souvenir...I'd prolly just skull cap everything, maybe a euro

Thanks again for all the suggestions and ideas

Africa on the cull. Nz is good value for diy.. if ur gonna bother to pay someone to hunt stags I’d forgo the hell flight to nz and go south to Argentina. At least there’s no time change bs. You’ll probably want to hunt before the end of April tho.

My old boss from oil field runs a division of a huge oil company down in Argentina. We are trying to figure out how to get rifles and legal paperwork to hunt some ranches that don’t see anybody But the family running it for hunting pressure. They have real problems with pumas.

As for the meat:
honestly I quit bringing home meat from NZ. Not worth the hassle at customs. a lot of time shoot em and leave em where they dropped.. we go to nz for 3-6 months at a time so the whole timeline of travel is a bit different the most.

the other interesting option is to do a roe deer hunt in Europe. My buddy from Scotland has a line on a fun trip to get a roe deer cheap as chips and then do a tramping mission into a few bothies and enjoy the countryside.

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
I've been looking hard at Argentina...

Has anyone done spot&stalk black buck with a bow ??

I'm assuming the ruts going in April which is why you recommended to go in that time frame but that's also when demand is highest...aside from the rut/roar is there other reasons why not to go later in the year ?

I don’t know anything about blackbuck hunting

and to be fair I don’t have any experience with the dynamics of post roar deer in Argentina to say if it’s a good time or not.

the kuiu video with something ashes in its title is pretty awesome. Unlike nz there are predators in South America so herd dynamics have to be different.

Elk97

WKR
Molokai is overrun with Axis, they're everywhere. They estimate 30-70,000 head (yeah big spread, but it's HI). Couple of outfitters, I talked to a guy named Wally Narik, but I think he might be rifle only.