Off topic at first - Then on Topic

The other day I was just dinging around and actually conversing with a guy at Lehigh - he asked me if I would like to try a new bullet they were building for Umarex. What's Umarex I asked? it is a pellet gun! Well my interest kinda dropped in a hurry - pellet gun! What am I going to do with a .17 pellet! Then he says it is a .510x238CF sabotless copper bullet! WHAT!!! Anyway I was a bit worried about the size .510 going down a ML bore, but that turns out to be OK also.

So I looked up the 'Pellet Gun' online - it does exist and it is 50 cal. And it is used for hunting - who would know.

Umarex-50-Pellet-Rifle.jpg

Umarex-50.jpg

The sample bullets arrived yesterday. So I did some checking this morning - I think they will work

IMG-0002.jpg

The drive barbs are .510 and the top band around the bullet is .502 - so they might actually work

IMG-0007.jpg

IMG-0006.jpg

IMG-0001.jpg

I have a little concern about trying them in my .501 bores but in the .502 Wolverine and the .504 White - they shouldn't be a problem.

IMG-0003.jpg

So hopefully I will get out to the farm and run a few through the Wolverine - They might really be good ML deer bullets???

Last edited: