WKR
A coworker of mine told me the word “wind” is simply an acronym:

Weather
In
North
Dakota

slick

WKR
I would have chose Warford 10 years ago, and if I had stayed in ND I would probably try and be out that way.

That being said, take advantage of MT being so close- don’t overlook MD doe tags in Region 6. Great fishing. I’d recommend these: a boat you can drag to Sak and backtroll for walleye (preferably a fiberglass tiller), a bird dog whether that’s a lab or a springer for roosters and fowl and a bow for chasing mule deer in the badlands annually.

All I can tell you is I found these in Las Cruces and they are hands down the best sausage I've ever had, not even a competition.
Wish I could find them at home.
20220612_120143.jpg

hunterjmj

WKR
We were in Williston a couple weeks ago buying icf's and groceries at Walmart. We looked at real estate prices and it's way cheaper than a lot of the country. You'll get more bang for your buck there than many mountain state towns. As far as the cold goes, wear more clothes. Cold is sort of subjective depending on where you are. Juneau cold is way worse than Montana cold. I did commercial refrigeration for most of my life and weather never kept us from working. I spent a lot of days on top of grocery stores at -40°. It would suck but I'd take cold over 100°.

yfarm

WKR
Sold in Walmart, can’t live without Texas made smoked sausage. Talked to a meat processor in New Mexico about making smoked sausage, was not familiar with it. Found the same sausage in a Publix store in Key West.

Powerman

FNG
Williston is not m favorite town in nd by far but the have also added a lot in the last 10 years. Also agree with others comment on Watford City being a better choice. On the bight side if you like the outdoors it is a very good area with close proximity to quality opprotunities. If you like rifles and archery there are shooting ranges in both towns and there is also a pretty strong archery following in ND. Both towns have indoor archery ranges and a lot of us travel the state during the winter shooting, With your wife being a teacher I don’t foresee her having an issue finding employment in either one. Shoot me a pm if you are interested in the archery stuff up here.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Thanks will do. Hopefully they approve the transfer. Going to laugh all the way to the brier patch. Beats the hell out of California. They were trying to send me to Sacramento.

Last edited:

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would prefer Watford over Williston, although they both have improved dramatically since back in the boom days.

Dickinson is full. Nothing to see or do here.

Powerman

FNG
Downfalls are the cold and 90%+ of the land is privately owned. Just be prepared for that when moving from an area with an abundance of public land.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
New Mexico public land is all well and good but it doesn’t matter if you can’t get a tag or you can only get one tag. It’s not like we’re getting tags every year we’re lucky if we draw an elk or antelope tag every 3-7 years you know. We can generally get a deer tag in a bad unit I’m not a bow hunter and I don’t plan on becoming one because of my shoulder issues but if I was a bow hunter I can probably do better on tags. I understand North Dakota is the same way. I’m not worried about it quality of life for the family supposed to be able to fish the job is going to be spectacular. There are a lot of upside to this. Hopefully I get to transfer. It’s not in the cards until you’re actually there.

Las Cruces is covered with homeless. We have had a lot of crime and we are over it.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
All I can tell you is I found these in Las Cruces and they are hands down the best sausage I've ever had, not even a competition.
Wish I could find them at home.
View attachment 452949
Go to Wisconsin that place has 1 million different kinds of sausages amazing jalapeño cheddar is my favorite

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
I've been there, lol but im telling ya those are the best by far.
I'm gonna see if I can order a case on the Internet
I just wish they had cheese on them none of the jalapeño sausages that are for sale down here have cheese in them even Rudy’s barbecue.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
That brand has several models.
https://kiolbassa.com/products/. OK yeah I see what you’re saying there is a jalapeño cheddar. The one we get here is at Costco and Sam’s Club and it’s the organic beef and the organic jalapeño without the cheddar. I wish we got the one with the cheddar. I’ve got about 40 pounds o Of ground in a loop and I think we’re going to make sausage out of all of it