Offering bear hunts.

Shupe88

WKR
Got a few ?s that maybe someone could help me out with. I want to start offering guided bear hunts with hounds in the next couple years. And possibly semi guided early archery hunts. What will I need as far as insurance? I have the places to lodge and hunt etc. Just curious what I will need for liability. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I think a lot is going to depend on what state you want to guide in.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
I think a lot is going to depend on what state you want to guide in.

Virginia. From what I have found I would just have to be insured. Just can’t find exactly what I would need.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Would probably depend on the insurance company requirements and state requirements. Would fall under business insurance lines and I would assume liability insurance as well as making sure everything for the business is insured (vehicles, lodging, etc). My suggestion would be to reach out to a few local insurance companies/offices and they could figure it out for you. If they want your business they will do the research to make sure you’re covered.

As for guide/outfitter state requirements call the VA DWR and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
Would probably depend on the insurance company requirements and state requirements. Would fall under business insurance lines and I would assume liability insurance as well as making sure everything for the business is insured (vehicles, lodging, etc). My suggestion would be to reach out to a few local insurance companies/offices and they could figure it out for you. If they want your business they will do the research to make sure you’re covered.

As for guide/outfitter state requirements call the VA DWR and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Appreciate the info!