Office workouts without the sweat?

My schedule is changing and I will be putting more hours a the office. The main issue is my day has to start an hour earlier and I used to get up a little early and get my cardio in before work. I mainly do cardio. I don't see myself sticking with it if I try to continue by getting up so early now.

I would like to try and find a way to get 30 min of something in at work but without working up a sweat. Can I expect results from a moderate kettle bell workout or something else where I elevate my heart rate without sweating up?

OP
MuleyFever
Unfortunately I work a few miles outside of town.

It is an option to get my cardio workout in the evening so yes, sweating won't matter. I have to head straight home after work for the dog. I am just looking for a way to do something in the office as a little extra or to kind of make up if I know I won't have time for my cardio later. Just wondering if doing something moderate has shown benefits for anyone who may be doing something similar.

Unfortunately I work a few miles outside of town.

It is an option to get my cardio workout in the evening so yes, sweating won't matter. I have to head straight home after work for the dog. I am just looking for a way to do something in the office as a little extra or to kind of make up if I know I won't have time for my cardio later. Just wondering if doing something moderate has shown benefits for anyone who may be doing something similar.
I do Brazilian Jiujitsu at noon with work before and after and no way to go home in between. Sweat is unavoidable so I use a Packtowel to wipe down afterward and change out my underwear before reapplying deodorant and putting clothes back on. I have a locker room up wipe down in but could probably make it happen in a bathroom stall if I had to.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would like to try and find a way to get 30 min of something in at work but without working up a sweat. Can I expect results from a moderate kettle bell workout or something else where I elevate my heart rate without sweating up?
I have a client that's an architect. During certain times of the year he can't make it in to train regularly.
He has a 32kg kettlebell in his office. He does swings and get ups periodically throughout the day.
He maintains a decent level strength and work capacity throughout this period. Generally he feels better despite being stuck in the office for so much time.

OP
MuleyFever
I have a client that's an architect. During certain times of the year he can't make it in to train regularly.
He has a 32kg kettlebell in his office. He does swings and get ups periodically throughout the day.
He maintains a decent level strength and work capacity throughout this period. Generally he feels better despite being stuck in the office for so much time.

This is what I am thinking I can maybe do without needing a shower after.

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I keep a 24kg by my desk and try to get 100 swings during the day most days. I do other things outside work but have just tried to make that part of my day when I’m at the office. Not really sure how productive it is but I figure it’s better than not doing it. I just do sets of 10 here and there and don’t sweat at all.

Carr5vols

WKR
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 20 pushups every hour at work. Tuesday and Thursday body weight squats or one legged wall squats every hour. Drinking lots of water so have to go to bathroom often so make a point to go to the restroom downstairs so get a flight of stairs about every hour due to this as well.

This should not build up a sweat.

Oregonboy

WKR
I try to bang out at least 100 push-ups before leaving each day. We have a little concrete cove by the bathrooms that I use. I usually do sets of 2 sets of 20 per bathroom break and another set at lunch.

OP
MuleyFever
Those of you using a kettle ball is there any significant difference in the different brands? Also, is there a good all around weight? I usually do dumbbell workouts with 20-30lbs. I'm not a big lifter, built more like a runner. I hate running.

Those of you using a kettle ball is there any significant difference in the different brands? Also, is there a good all around weight? I usually do dumbbell workouts with 20-30lbs. I'm not a big lifter, built more like a runner. I hate running.
16 kg is a good place to start. Really cheap ones sometimes have shitty casting marks but Walmart has inexpensive ones that seem fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kipper09

WKR
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 20 pushups every hour at work. Tuesday and Thursday body weight squats or one legged wall squats every hour. Drinking lots of water so have to go to bathroom often so make a point to go to the restroom downstairs so get a flight of stairs about every hour due to this as well.

This should not build up a sweat.

About the same as I do. I do push ups, planks, seated crunches. have a couple sets of dumbbells I do curls and triceps presses with. Shoulder raises and rows. Walk every chance I get and drink lots of water. Work 7:45 to 6-7pm daily so I have to do something. Anything is better than nothing at least in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
About the same as I do. I do push ups, planks, seated crunches. have a couple sets of dumbbells I do curls and triceps presses with. Shoulder raises and rows. Walk every chance I get and drink lots of water. Work 7:45 to 6-7pm daily so I have to do something. Anything is better than nothing at least in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may just have to pick up a set of dumbbells for the office too.