***Official 2020 Western Hunting Expo thread***

ndbuck09

WKR
Does anyone know where the link to the standard $10 discount printout is for this year's show? I can't seem to find it to print out anywhere. In most past years, I've been able to print out the $10 off thing and take with me to the ticket counter at the show.

twall13

WKR
Does anyone know where the link to the standard $10 discount printout is for this year's show? I can't seem to find it to print out anywhere. In most past years, I've been able to print out the $10 off thing and take with me to the ticket counter at the show.
You can pick them up at sportsmans warehouse, cabelas, and a few other places. Or you can buy your tickets online and use the code: mtnops

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
"HUSH" gets you $10 off. They want you to do it all online now

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR

Darin Cooper (Former Rokslide co-owner) showing us his new business and man it sure fills a void!
Optics, tripods, camp gear, packs, etc is great! That's a neat service that I know will get used and be appreciated.

Long range custom rifles - not so much. If you have a chance, could you please visit with Darin and ask how or if they are going to qualify renters. I don't see anything good coming from supplying total strangers with unfamiliar long range rifles.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Optics, tripods, camp gear, packs, etc is great! That's a neat service that I know will get used and be appreciated.

Long range custom rifles - not so much. If you have a chance, could you please visit with Darin and ask how or if they are going to qualify renters. I don't see anything good coming from supplying total strangers with unfamiliar long range rifles.

I’ll ask him but Darin is a pretty sharp cat, so I can’t imagine he left any stone unturned as far as laws go.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Here you go, Darin got right back to me. Thanks for the questions.

“The renters have to do the typical 4473 form and pass an FBI background check. We also require proof of valid hunting license and hunter safety card.

These guys are probably going hunting either way. Better that they hunt with something that will hit behind the crosshair with solid data than try to set up a $500 rifle and some random factory ammo.

I wouldn’t assume every guy that rents a gun is unfamiliar with them or will be irresponsible. It’s a bolt action hunting rifle like 85% of the hunting rifles out there. Give folks the benefit of the doubt.

Just because your rental car can do 120 doesn’t mean you drive it like that.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

“The renters have to do the typical 4473 form and pass an FBI background check. We also require proof of valid hunting license and hunter safety card.

These guys are probably going hunting either way. Better that they hunt with something that will hit behind the crosshair with solid data than try to set up a $500 rifle and some random factory ammo.

I wouldn’t assume every guy that rents a gun is unfamiliar with them or will be irresponsible. It’s a bolt action hunting rifle like 85% of the hunting rifles out there. Give folks the benefit of the doubt.

mt100gr.

WKR

Thanks Robby. Hopefully the plan tracks as intended.

I gotta say though, if you were on a vacation and rented a corvette it would take serious self control to not 'stretch it's legs'.

wysongdog

WKR
Hey I need to ask a favor of everyone there. Me and my family won’t be able to make it due to my daughter’s high school basketball schedule. Can you guys look out for some really cool pedestal ideas? Going to mount my son’s and my elk from this year together on a pedestal. And haven’t figured out what kind of pedestal to use.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey I need to ask a favor of everyone there. Me and my family won’t be able to make it due to my daughter’s high school basketball schedule. Can you guys look out for some really cool pedestal ideas? Going to mount my son’s and my elk from this year together on a pedestal. And haven’t figured out what kind of pedestal to use.

Have you looked at tippets creative designs?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Robby. Hopefully the plan tracks as intended.

I gotta say though, if you were on a vacation and rented a corvette it would take serious self control to not 'stretch it's legs'.

Hahaha. I can’t argue with that man.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m headed to the Kifaru booth right now to do a spot on the 44 mag. We’re probably going to run an Instagram live. But I’ll see if I can save the video and get in our YouTube channel as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can one of you Roksliders at the show check out the New Savage Ultralight with the Proof carbon fiber barrel for me and give me your thoughts or opinion on it? Assuming they have it there, I saw Savage had a booth. And maybe ask them when they expect it to be in dealers hands? Thanks in advance if possible.