Official Nevada draw results thread

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it turns out my wife and new Hefner friend drew a cow elk tag! He also drew a deer tag (0 points) in one of my favorite units. I’m happy for him. We have a lot of mutual hunting friends and he wants to learn how to “do it right” so we put him in for a wilderness only cow tag. Should be a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zbot

WKR
Nice! I've put in for that hunt a number of times and haven't hit yet. Should be a good one.
Had to forgo applying for deer for a few years as I went through school....so nice pot at the end of the rainbow, aside from my new job/career I guess :)

jmcd22

WKR
Had to forgo applying for deer for a few years as I went through school....so nice pot at the end of the rainbow, aside from my new job/career I guess :)

Well congrats on everything! I would say that is definitely a nice pot at the end of the rainbow. Do you mind me asking how many points you drew out with?

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Buck Antelope Rifle 061-062, 071-073. Mule deer Buck Late Rifle 101-109 with a matching Depredation Cow tag in 101-103. Bittersweet since my main hunting buddy is my son and he was shut out this year. I hope he is going to be my packer though.

lvtuna

FNG
Nothing here! My !6 year old niece has really bad luck. No junior tag in 4 years of applying. My dad drew a deer for 13. A friend drew a deer in 22. So we will have a fun time. Congrats to all who drew.

BG775

FNG
I got area 7 archery deer and my dad drew a late rifle deer and late rifle cow elk. Being residents definitely helps

Mark

WKR
I got area 7 archery deer and my dad drew a late rifle deer and late rifle cow elk. Being residents definitely helps

Not all the time. My boys and I put in for 9 tags each. We chose 5 units for each animal. That's 135 opportunities. We drew one tag.

On the sheep tags we nearly all have max points. We didn't put in for all low odds units. We mixed it up. And still, we only drew one tag.

Our bonus point system is laughable. I know dozens of people with max bull points. My son drew his bull tag with 2 points. In 37 years I have drawn one bull tag here. He's 26 and this is his second bull tag.

I don't know if there's a solution, I'm just stunned by the outcome of the draw this year. It's getting crowded.

We've had good years where we drew three deer, three antelope and three cow elk. And we filled every tag. Luck of the draw.

Oh well, maybe next year...rant over