Official rokslide masks made by gear companies thread

Like them or not, it appears they are here to stay for a while. Lots of options to buy so I have been looking at those popping up from companies I already like and support.

so let’s start a thread on mask sources from companies that support the things we care about and make gear we use. Please save the political commentary and judgements about masks for other places. Thanks

OP
Desk Jockey
I will start the bidding with mystery ranch. I ordered 3 of the traditional masks and they are comfy and easy wearing. They have become my go to for normal wear And would also be durable enough for sports or outdoors if that was required. Going to get a few of their street masks to try out.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
They are pricey and don't ever seem to be in stock but Voormi is making some they call Everyday Gaiters that look comfortable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Desk Jockey
Outdoor research.

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
MR street mask, really enjoyable to wear, multiple +2 hr plane rides this summer and I never get annoyed with it. Held up great for my uses.

OP
Desk Jockey
I just wear my hunting neck gaiter. That should keep out viruses, right?

it’s better than nothing and will help shield the respiratory droplets that are believed to be the major transmission vector. Agree or not this virus and mask wearing are going to be with us for a while. May as well get comfortable.

twall13

WKR
Kryptek appears to be producing a few options as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I just wear my hunting neck gaiter. That should keep out viruses, right?

Most of the point of cloth masks is source control. Meaning that you wear it to protect everyone around you, not yourself. This kind of source control has been used for years for patient with TB, Etc when they have to be moved through open areas. A neck gaiter should actually proved decent source control as long as it is not saturated (but the same goes for masks).

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Ordered some of the MR masks. I have a Kryptek XL and my wife has a large, neither really fit my face how I would like, but they are nice masks.

When it comes to surgical masks at work, I prefer the ones that tie behind the head to ear loops, so I'm guessing I will feel the same way about cloth masks.

Hondo

WKR
I have 2 of the Mystery Ranch traditional masks (1 green, 1 grey) and have been pleased with them. High quality as expected and the large size and cord lock cinch design works well with my beard. I swapped out the TPU cords on one with shock cord and like it better.

Backyard

WKR
I will start the bidding with mystery ranch. I ordered 3 of the traditional masks and they are comfy and easy wearing. They have become my go to for normal wear And would also be durable enough for sports or outdoors if that was required. Going to get a few of their street masks to try out.

At $15 shipping (the option is chosen for you at checkout) for a $16 mask, I'm out. I'm only 2 states away for Pete's sake.

For those with the MR traditional masks, are you using N95 filters with them and if so where did you get them?

OP
Desk Jockey
For those with the MR traditional masks, are you using N95 filters with them and if so where did you get them?

i am not. I used my with a shop towel improvised and cut to fit. As of now I am using with only the mask. I keep a small stock of n95 that I am saving for sketchy situations new