Offline Ballistics Trajectory phone app

Billinsd

WKR
Is there such an app I can download to my phone, the input my ballistics. Then on the hunt without cell coverage I can input wind, temp, elevation and it will give me a shooting solution? Thanks Bill

LaHunter

WKR
That's how pretty much all of them work. No cell service needed for them to work. You just need wifi to download them onto you phone or to get updates.

Gila

WKR
That's how pretty much all of them work. No cell service needed for them to work. You just need wifi to download them onto you phone or to get updates.
You will need a Kestrel or a WeatherFlow to Blutooth enviro data. Strelok Pro for a one shot of 15 dollars will give you your reticle with holdover and has a large enviro screen that you can read in bright sunlight. I have a ballistics solver in my range finder but can’t get enviro data with my model. Get this model WeatherFlow for your ballistics app: https://weatherflow.com/weather-meter-for-shooting/

WMag338

WKR
I've been using Strelok connected to my Kestrel via Bluetooth. Bear in mind I'm not a military sharpshooter by any means, but have had luck out to 1000 yards with it. If you look at reviews and other forums, Strelok is consistently rated in the top tier of ballistics programs. Strelok also works without any cell coverage.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Most smartphones these days have a pressure sensor, so if you get a little 50 cent keychain thermometer you can get your environmentals without a kestrel.

Both Applied Ballistics and shooter will pull data directly from your phone sensors.

Most smartphones these days have a pressure sensor, so if you get a little 50 cent keychain thermometer you can get your environmentals without a kestrel.

Both Applied Ballistics and shooter will pull data directly from your phone sensors.
Interesting I didn’t not know that. Where do I find the pressure on my iPhone?

ericwh

WKR
I've successfully used the Hornady app out to 950 yards with estimated, forecasted, and default environmental data.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting I didn’t not know that. Where do I find the pressure on my iPhone?
I'd check in the app store for a "barometer" app. I'm pretty sure that if you get shooter or applied ballistics you can "Acquire Atmosphere" from your own device. I can on android. I'm not familiar with iPhones.

Duckboy23

FNG
Strelok pro for me as well. Plus I can store mine as well as the kids info and access it all without cell service.

StrelokPro will give you the barometric pressure when in airplane mode. So will the “Barometric & Altimeter” app for the iPhone.

The “My Barometer and Altimeter” app would only provide it when online (doesn’t provide in airplane mode).

Gila

WKR
Strelok pro for me as well. Plus I can store mine as well as the kids info and access it all without cell service.
The wind screen is pretty cool with Strelok Pro. Also, for each rifle profile you can store your scope’s reticle and check holdover at range.