Offseason gear upgrades

I have my purchases planned at least a couple years out because that’s the only way I can budget and hit my financial goals.

I am 100% getting a EZ Green Press w/archery designs draw board this year and I am in need of new boots as well. I am thinking of getting Zamberlin 966s but undecided right now.

I will be adding more FL merino underwear to my collection and will try the new zip off furnace bottoms.

I want to update my rangefinder as well. I have a Nikon 1200 that has given me absolutely no problems for the 6 or so years I have used it. I just want something a little smaller in size and provides angle compensation. I am completely lost on what to get though. I was thinking the Sig Kilo 2000 but I want to see one in person first.

I wouldn’t call it an upgrade but I am going to pick up a silver back release this when they come back in stock as well.

Biggest purchase will be upgrading my gf to my fiancé this year though. Saving for wedding after that will definitely cut into my new gear savings a for a couple years.

Got to love her though. She is the only girl I know that wouldn’t get mad when I compared ring and wedding costs to the number of elk hunts I could do with that same amount of money lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
inIHBXn.jpg

hzrxPIj.jpg

Awesome!.…. (y)

MeatBuck

WKR
New stock, mag lengthened for longer coal and new 1-8 twist bbl for the rifle. A new power steering box for truck.
Up next is a full blown precision reloading system.
May add some load lifters to my eberlestock mainframe.
Oh and a new trout trolling rig, a 16ft 1970s SeaKing. Opening up the floor plan, adding storage and then painting the whole rig, including trailer which has already been fully disassembled and sand blasted. Need a warm dry day to paint.
And lastly I'm adding a jake fan (from ol lady's bird last spring) on a hinge, to the back of my jake decoy so I can pull a string to raise and lower it. Basically just to add motion to the spread.

I also picked up the Ironwill Outfitters knife. This will be a replacement for my Buck skeleton knife. I wanted to upgrade to a blade with better edge retention.

Great knife! Just make sure you keep the blade clean and dry. My hunting partner has some rust/corrosion on his from a day of hiking in the rain and not drying it off immediately after. My Broadheads have it too. Just remember that A2 isnt SS and youll be fine.

I need some new boots, my Under Armour Bozeman 2.0's wouldn't stay tight and would rub pretty good when sidehilling. Planning to get some Crispi Wyomings if they fit well.

Other than that well be at higher altitude in CO this year and last year in MT my 35 degree sleeping bag and unisulated pad got a little chilly. Looking at Outdoor vitals for both.

Started off 2020 with a new bow, snagged a gently used Elite from the classifieds so now I’m getting that all set up. Switched to a Kifaru pack after last year so I got a new Stryker bag to go with. Aside from that I’ll be upgrading my Wyoming antelope point to a tag. Work related school is going to take up half of my vacation time this year so I’ll only be able to make it out of state once and just do some local early season bow hunting.

OP
BackcountryBloodline
I need some new boots, my Under Armour Bozeman 2.0's wouldn't stay tight and would rub pretty good when sidehilling. Planning to get some Crispi Wyomings if they fit well.

Other than that well be at higher altitude in CO this year and last year in MT my 35 degree sleeping bag and unisulated pad got a little chilly. Looking at Outdoor vitals for both.

I'm looking at that insulated OV pad now too, thanks! ;)