Offset for 4-Fletch Arrows?

How much offset are you running on 4-fletch arrows for grouping at distance - none, moderate, high?

I’m building a .204 platform, Bohning Heat vanes, probably about 12%-14% FOC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
I’m shooting easton axis pro match 300 shafts with four AAE hydrids offset 1 degree and a 125 grain head up front FOC is like 10% which isn’t as high as I wanted but they shoot very accurate out to 100 yards. Was better than the carbon injexions I was shooting that had a FOC of 12%.

If you watch any of Levi Morgan’s videos he did one that addressed offset and his explanation was that you really don’t want more than a 1 maybe 2 degree offset past 50 yards because you can get the parachute effect going on. It also matters which way your bow casts arrows. I followed his advice and feel like it was worth following.

Ran those on my BE Rampage 300's, 1 deg off set at 14 % foc. Was not impressed at 60 plus with fixed blades. (Yes my bow is tuned and barshafted out to 30 yds. Went to 3 max stealth at 3 deg helical, much better out to 80. A buddy did a 4 fletch at a 2 deg off set with the 2.25 Tac Driver vanes with fixed blades and they worked very well at 70 yds on the BE Rampage and he is at 16% foc. Build both and test is the best way to see what works out of your bow. You can always strip vanes off and keep testing Good luck

ZDR

WKR
I kinda in the same camp as 406 - as much helical as long as I have 100% contact. For my 3D arrows, I like 4 fletch @ 2.5" or 2.25" on BE Rampages.

I run 4 fletch 3degree 2.1" Q2i at 15% FOC with no problems at 80 for hunting. Same setup on target arrows at 11% foc with no probs either. This is using the LCA VMP jig

OP
Planopurist
I’m shooting easton axis pro match 300 shafts with four AAE hydrids offset 1 degree and a 125 grain head ...you really don’t want more than a 1 maybe 2 degree offset past 50 yards because you can get the parachute effect going on. It also matters which way your bow casts arrows.
Thx. I run 1.5 degree offset on a left helical for my 3-fletch, mostly fore southern whitetails. I was curious if I need to back off the offset some to shoot past 60 yards, avoiding the parachute effect. Thanks.
My bows have been clocking left, but I have a new Elite Kure that I haven’t clocked yet.

2° left helical, 4 fletched AAE Hybrids. Victory VAP Elites with Day Six 100gr insert/collar up front. 125 gr VPA 3 blade heads.

Replaced my strings with Gas ghost camo last spring and they sent bareshafts spinning left, so we went with a left helical.

Tried 3 AAE Hybrids first. Groups from 60 - 90 yds improved dramatically after adding the 4th vane.

OP
Planopurist
Thanks y’all. I think I’ll add as much helical and/or offset as I can get to good vane contact the shafts.

Thanks y’all. I think I’ll add as much helical and/or offset as I can get to good vane contact the shafts.

That might be too much depending on the jig. I use an aae ez fletch with 3 fletch Max stealth and do feel like my groups open up or are not as tight as I’m holding. Been trying some smaller vanes for a couple years now and I really like the heat vanes in a 3 fletch with the hard helical. 4 vanes with less offset or helical may work well too but I’ve been working toward less vane