Offset stabilizer for hunting? Yes or No and Suggestions?

TheCougar

WKR
I'm looking to upgrade my stabilizer. I'm shooting a PSE EVO 7 with a 4 arrow quiver and I western hunt, so I hike, stalk, and crawl with my bow. My options are probably an 8 or 10" B Stinger (or similar) with adjustable weights, or get some kind of offset kit. I'm looking for the best combination of stabilization for longer shots/wind and the lowest profile/weight. I'm probably more concerned about the profile of stuff hanging off the bow than I am about a couple of extra ounces. I will see an improvement no matter what I upgrade to, but I don't want to wonder what I am missing a year from now. What do you guys recommend and/or use? Offset or regular stabilizer? If offset, what setup do you recommend?

Kilboars

WKR
I use a standard 8" but not sure they even matter much with today's bows. I certainly wouldn't do an offset if you are spot in Stockton. I keep my set up is simple and clean as possible with less stuff to get hung up in branches and grass.

Kilboars Hunt Club

ofl0926

WKR
I am using dead center archery hunter kit. I like this set cause I can adjust the back bar to sit as close to the bow as possible. Mine sits super close to my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to look at a Stokerized SS1 stabilizer. It's main goal is to offset the weight of the quiver and your can slide it forwards and back to balance out your bow if it's nose heavy for you. For shooting in the wind a Carbon Blade would be your best bet since it's whole design is for being the best stabilizer for windy days. For lightening your bow and improving long distance shooting you'd be hard pressed to do better than a Quivalizer. Lots of options out there.

Bughalli

WKR
I just went through this process. I'm running a very light bow, with a shorter axle to axle (30 inch). I'm generally a minimalist. I like gadgets as much as the next guy, but I try to stay realistic. I would rather keep my bow light and simple since half of my hunting is backpack hunting. Thus far it has served me great for whitetails, but the more mule deer and elk hunting I do the more I want to be confident at longer ranges. In the past I questioned the value of my 6 inch Axiom stabilizer. I shot the same with and without it 20-50yrds, but I kept it on because it was minimal. That said, I just didn't like my groups at 60 yards and further. They should be better...really need to better in order for me to take a shot at those distances. I'm pretty conservative with my shots and don't mind waiting for a high probability shot. I decided to try the B-Stinger with sidebar. Right now I'm running a 10inch out front and 8 inch side, but I also bought the 12 inch which I haven't tried yet. I have to admit I was skeptical and was a little shocked how much more accurate my shooting was between 60-80 yards. Noticeable improvement. It helped the pin float a little, but I really noticed an improvement in settling the bow down, making it much more smooth during the shot. I haven't carried it on a true backpack hunt yet (this weekend in CO for a week), so I may have more opinions after that trip. So far I'm a believer and feel it's worth it.