Ogden, Utah?

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up in a small town north of Ogden, but ended up living there (South Ogden) for 4 years. I moved to Idaho last year and honestly don’t miss it. Having said that, Ogden has come pretty far in recent years and it was a good place to live. Like others have said, traffic gets nuts and the real estate market is exploding. There is plenty of hunting opportunity if you ask around or know where to look. I would not want to live anywhere near SLC. You could also look for a place north of Ogden and commute since it doesn’t get too bad until you hit Layton (I commuted to SLC the entire time I lived there.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
i live in slc, work up little cottonwood canyon and have a place in the uinta mtns above kamas utah. ogden is not that bad but plan your commute carefully. there are plenty of places to live nearby that may be better but in general, the higher the better with regard to inversions. if you can stand a short commute, look into peterson or morgan utah. eden is really nice as well.

the up side is that the economy here has a great chance to survive this pandemic. the vocal minority is loud but not really something to be feared as mentioned in this thread already.

as a transplant from louisiana in 2002, i fall into neither of the two categories here and have been able to survive just fine.
You up in Weber Canyon?

Sled

WKR
Right on, small world.
How about all that traffic going up 150 this year? Madness.

Yes, oddly enough on weekends I now flee back to work in little cottonwood canyon to get away from the crowds.

The amount of sirens going up hwy150 is out of hand as well. Car wrecks, medical issues and sar.

Then there's the homesteaders that set a tent up or park the camper only to show up for the weekend. Weekends are a real shit show. Maybe things will slow down after I change our uintas fire danger sign to covid danger and stick it on extreme. 😎

Gobbler36

WKR
just move there and stay in hunt in UTah no need to look north we have too many Utards as it is lol

kidding aside seems like a cool place may be an opportunity for me there also in the future

Hnttillmt

FNG
Straight comedy. As a native Utahn who left the madness 15 years ago for Montana I have had a good laugh at this thread. I Thought my seven years in Ogden were the best years really. Other than anytime I had to drive south. Or wanted to go hunting. Balls deep pow....best skiing in the lower 48. Everything thing else it’s just another big city.

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, oddly enough on weekends I now flee back to work in little cottonwood canyon to get away from the crowds.

The amount of sirens going up hwy150 is out of hand as well. Car wrecks, medical issues and sar.

Then there's the homesteaders that set a tent up or park the camper only to show up for the weekend. Weekends are a real shit show. Maybe things will slow down after I change our uintas fire danger sign to covid danger and stick it on extreme. 😎
Shit show it is. Usually, it slows down in August with schools starting up but who knows this year.

Sled

WKR
how did the interview go?

btw, the general season elk tags were a real frustration yesterday. to be in que with over 330k people is something i never want to repeat. i did not get one of the 15,000 tags that were available.