Ohhhhh.......riiiiiiight.

robtattoo

WKR
NOW I remember why I don't lend people my stuff.

14963.jpeg

Hands down the most accurate factory rifle I've ever owned, all be it a cheapy.
Stock broke & scope bent. Luckily the scope is warrantied (thanks Vortex!) and the girl I lent it to has already told me to pick any stock up to $200 & she'll buy it. Bless her, I know she feels way worse than I do right now!

I've already put a call in to Boyd's & replaced the barrel with a sporter profile I've cut to 18" I guess I need to just wait on the parts to come in. I really hope it turns out as good as it was.

Scrappy

WKR
Reminds me of the time my buddies bow slipped out of its bow sling 20 feet up a tree. Hit the ground without so much as a scratch though. Not broke in half like your rifle. 🤪🤪

Rich M

WKR
I fell asleep and dropped my bow out of tree. Arrow stuck in ground and stayed on string, bow never hit ground.

That gun looks like a tank run it over. Sure she feels like crud. I'm sure it'll be good as new once you put it back together.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wonder how many foot pounds of force a dropped rifle would hit the ground with........versus the foot pounds of force from recoil. Perhaps she did you a favor.

Was it your sling or her sling?

If it was all my stuff and that sling slipped I wouldn't be putting all the blame on her. But that's also why I don't borrow stuff. Something fails that was someone else's and I'm left holding the parts.

Learn your lesson with firearms before it's a 100k piece of equipment.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Was it your sling or her sling?

If it was all my stuff and that sling slipped I wouldn't be putting all the blame on her. But that's also why I don't borrow stuff. Something fails that was someone else's and I'm left holding the parts.

Learn your lesson with firearms before it's a 100k piece of equipment.

It was my sling & I really don't blame her in the slightest. Accidents happen to good people every day & this was just one of those things.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
I wonder how many foot pounds of force a dropped rifle would hit the ground with........versus the foot pounds of force from recoil. Perhaps she did you a favor.

I would imagine a 9lb rifle falling 12+ feet & landing on it's butt would impart significantly more force than .223 recoil.

rayporter

WKR
and here i thought it was a lead sled accident!!

i hate to see good stuff damaged about as bad as stolen.

but the bright side is you have a great attitude and will get a NEW rifle.,,,,,,,dang i hope it shoots better than the old one

Nobody was hurt, the rifle did not discharge when it impacted the ground. Stuff is just stuff and she is OK and did not fall out of the tree herself or get injured in a safety harness or some other mess.

Things could have been way worse.

Count your blessings.

Hang that stock on the wall of your shop or garage and consider it a lucky charm.

CHEERS!

9 lbs x 12 ft. = 108 ft/lbs. 223 recoil is about 3 ft/lbs. engineers correct me if I’m wrong please.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitebeard