Ohio Archery Outfitters - References needed

Has anyone hunted with Ohio Archery Outfitters? I'm looking for references/experiences with this outfitter. Unfortunately, I bow hunted with the wrong outfitter in Ohio where I was just a number and one of 25 hunters for the week. Looking for a good operation for a 2022 bow hunt. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Rich M

WKR
Good luck!

I've had a similar experience in GA. Would have gladly been a regular but it was a racket - they did not try to get us to shoot a nice deer, they tried to keep us in a specific stand. Gotta remember that it is a business and there are only so many deer.

OP
B
Good luck!

I've had a similar experience in GA. Would have gladly been a regular but it was a racket - they did not try to get us to shoot a nice deer, they tried to keep us in a specific stand. Gotta remember that it is a business and there are only so many deer.
I know, it's really hard to find the right operation. I am also looking for a place that I can hunt each year. Best, BG

Can’t help with an outfitter but I’d suggest hunting the public land. I made the mistake getting in a lease and the lesson I learned is that if the deer are not there your screwed. At least on public you can move around and hunt wherever. Best wishes on your search just keep in mind Ohio has a low deer density and it’s not an easy hunt.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Theres wide rack outfitter been there twice and had a great time both times. Has several different camps. All archery only. Saw a absolute giant the first time there and got a decent 10 last year.

Can’t help with an outfitter but I’d suggest hunting the public land. I made the mistake getting in a lease and the lesson I learned is that if the deer are not there your screwed. At least on public you can move around and hunt wherever. Best wishes on your search just keep in mind Ohio has a low deer density and it’s not an easy hunt.
I agree with this. I hunted public for a few years in Ohio. Big deer are there for those who put in the work finding and hunting them. Beware deer density is low and the terrain where the deer live can be thick and challenging.
That being said, l just wrapped up my 6th season on a lease in South East Ohio. Killed a stud with bow on November 3. We have been managing the bucks and this year was the best year for big bucks by far.
Remember whenever someone is charging money to hunt deer it is best to be skeptical unless you personally know them. Good luck in your search.

OP
B
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I would love to find some public ground to hunt but I'm 10 hours away and lack the time to do proper scouting. I considered a lease and if I could find the right property that may be the best option since it would provide a consistent place and over time you could learn deer movement etc. I will also look at Wide Rack Outfitters...thanks for the reference. Happy Thanksgiving to all!