OK My side of the forest is Open !

Opah

WKR
The Doe Bowl Is back on, Time to Get the boots on the ground and Harvest my first Doe with my Proline. Figure to shack out my gear this week and get out Friday morning, Got some new stuff I didn't get to try last year.
I have a new Bow Shield I am really anxious to try out, should not get caught on the draw this year.
Good times are a coming !

OP
O

Opah

WKR
OK got out and took the Wife, started out looking pretty good, the road was closed which doubled to hike in, but no biggy the wife was all in still,
Got out pretty close to my Blind and up and down the canyons was Orange, Orange, Orange all with rifles with a max shot of 40 / 50 yards.
Now during Archery only I get a little concerned with my Doe Bow shield But with these rifle guys NO WAY.
Maybe in the middle of the week but not on a weekend,
Just too many rabbity people all trying to get the first shot off.
Now mine has the hunter orange collar and is a muley doe but too much pressure makes for big mistakes/
I have till the end of december so I can hold off for 2 / 3 weeks.

1603154788388.png

I’ve hunted archery for past 6 years but have yet to bring home meat. So I’m expanding to rifle next year but I’m always fearful of all the orange I'm going to see.

87TT

WKR
OK got out and took the Wife, started out looking pretty good, the road was closed which doubled to hike in, but no biggy the wife was all in still,
Got out pretty close to my Blind and up and down the canyons was Orange, Orange, Orange all with rifles with a max shot of 40 / 50 yards.
Now during Archery only I get a little concerned with my Doe Bow shield But with these rifle guys NO WAY.
Maybe in the middle of the week but not on a weekend,
Just too many rabbity people all trying to get the first shot off.
Now mine has the hunter orange collar and is a muley doe but too much pressure makes for big mistakes/
I have till the end of december so I can hold off for 2 / 3 weeks.

View attachment 225662
Your shield thing looks like a cow elk not a mule deer.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
It is a cow elk, the one I use is the Mulley Doe, they have several different animal shields and options.
Mine has 3D googly eyes that are looking at you from any direction.
I am tired of getting caught on the draw with these deer, so I decided to give this a try.
The elk was just the easiest to copy, Good Eye

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Buckeye I went from Rifle to archery just for that reason, not only was there too much orange, it was very not bright and dangerous orange,
D14 my home range became impossible to hunt, kept getting farther and farther back every year, until I was standing in the middle of the 15 freeway, believe it or not I felt safer.
The A31 tag also offers some nice benefits, hunt from Sept to the end of Dec and it is an either / or Tag.