OK....so, DT1 or DT2 ??

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Too late Luke I went with the longhunter lid.....but everyone seems to like something different when it comes to the lid so I guess I'll just have to do some trial and error to see what suits my needs, Aron recommended the LH and had reasoning behind that choice i liked, so I figured that was a good place to start.....I had originally planned on the XTL but time will tell what is going to work the best

I'm glad you mentioned that about the side compartments when the pack is full, as I do use an 85mm spotter. That alone makes me feel like the dt1 was the right choice

Last edited:

Curtis C

WKR
Isn't the snow collar what makes the dt/t 1 bigger than the 2? Or is it bigger in other areas also?

My dt2 was full when I packed in for 7 days. If I had killed something I would have strapped some pockets outside for the pack out. I can see an advantage to having a bigger pack so that more fits inside for the pack out but I don't regret getting the dt2. I also know that i wouldn't have regrets if I had ordered a dt1. My setup does keep me from overloading my weakened back.

On a few day hunts I had my CB frame, E&E and KU long on my back. The color made me a little nervous being it was similar to elk/deer colors. I think the foliage is a great color for hunting the woods and would have eased my mind some or at least I would have been warmer(I covered it all with my camp jacket).

C

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I think the DT1 main pocket has to have at least some additional CU from the DT2....the only reason I say that is aron said he uses the DT1 for more space and lightens it by cutting off the snow collar. while i have no proof of that or how many cu bigger it might be without the snow collar, that's my guess.

maybe aron can provide a guess as to how much bigger it might be without the snow collar, i would be interested to know actually

JG358

WKR
Isn't the snow collar what makes the dt/t 1 bigger than the 2? Or is it bigger in other areas also?

C

The main bag is a bigger on the DT1.

Seam to seam measurments (circumference)

DT1... 33,34,37
DT2... 31,33,31
If you want to see the difference, you can swing by and compare your DT2 side by side with my DT1

Last edited:

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
I have the T2 and love it. However if I was to do it again I would get the T1. Kinda like "why buy an extended cab when you can buy a four door"

The grab it and belt pouches are awesome!

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
I choice the T1 mostly for the same reasons everyone else have said. I knew if I got the T2 I would always be second guessing my decision and want a bigger pack.

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
i may have missed this on another thread. but can someone tell me why there is a weight differance between the dt1 and t1. is it just the way the dublex frame/suspension is built to allow interoperability between bags?

MattB

WKR
The DT1 has the full removable stand-alone frame whereas the T1 only has stays (no frame).

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
thanks MattB. i seen the video that was posted on the two frames as well. appreciate it. now to take out a second mortgage. ha

shaun

WKR
I say more room is like buying a 4wd costs more but the 1time you need it you are glad you have it

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
Man I was sold on the DT2 till I saw this thread....now there is a DT1 in my future.