Ok time to spend our money in the right places, but where?

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
anybody know north american made camo out therrre?

Beyond Clothing has been mentioned. Wild Things is another.

I think you're only going to find MC/OCP type camo on anything made this side of the left pond; they only produce it here for Berry amendment reasons (which I alluded to above). Any of the proprietary "hunting" camo options are going to be made overseas, I think.

[edit] I lied. Amazingly, there are some. Here's a list: https://www.americangearguide.com/american-made-directory/made-in-usa-hunting-equipment/

Last edited:

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know their status, but Sixsite started making hunting clothing a few years back. As far as I know, at the time they manufactured in the US with imported materials.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the arcteryx LEAF line of clothing for american made gear. Its not cheap but neither is lot of ‘made in china’ garbage either!

If you’re interested in a quilt. I recommend the Warbonnet Diamondback. Awesome quilt, great customer service and Made in USA! I’m 6’ 210lbs and a side/stomach sleeper and I got the 20degree 60” wide, long quilt and it pairs great with my exped synmat. If you pair it with a decent liner and pad it’s good down to zero and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
So I think I just broke up with a preferred hunting clothing brand after the shirt I bought on sale says made in China on the label. I even emailed them I didn’t think I could support them anymore until their stuff is made in better places.

I could buy 5 of these made in China shirts or I could buy a made in the USA exo K3. It doesn’t ad up.

What brands of hunting gear and clothes are made in good places that pay their employees a living wage?

With the current world events we need to support companies that we are closer to. Companies that operate in our communities and contribute to the betterment of the places we live.

I’m Canadian so I would obviously prefer to support Canadian companies but Canada and the USA are so closely intertwined(maybe more than Americans realize) made in the USA is also important to me since I have many American family members as well.
So with that, what companies should we be buying?

I already mentioned EXO, I have a K2. Who else?

EDIT: Will I be breaking rules if I post links to companies that aren't a sponsor?

Second edit: Here's a list so far that has been suggested in the comments
-KUIU (kind of get a maybe? impression though)
-Kifaru
-Beyond Clothing
-Triple Aught Design
-XGO
-Military surplus
-Arc'Teyrx-some is made in Canada
-Tarptent
-Seek Outside
-Nice electric bike outfit in Vancouver(don't know the name)
-Taiga

Kuiu is straight outta China, used to be Canada years ago.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stone Glacier packs are made stateside, not sure on their newer clothing line??

Nunatak all made in a small shop in the US

Enlightened Equipment- I believe all of their stuff made in the US

Jbehredt

WKR
Stone Glacier packs are made stateside, not sure on their newer clothing line??

Nunatak all made in a small shop in the US

Enlightened Equipment- I believe all of their stuff made in the US

My SG down set is labeled “made in Vietnam”

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
you can search for berry compliant gear and clothes. Berry compliance is due to made in the USA requirements for DOD funds.

I personally love my rocky sv2 boots. I buy berry compliant Rockys and danners for hunting and hiking. Thorogoods for work.

some mystery ranch gear is berry compliant.
Anyway do your own search that’s just my two cents.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can search for berry compliant gear and clothes. Berry compliance is due to made in the USA requirements for DOD funds.

I personally love my rocky sv2 boots. I buy berry compliant Rockys and danners for hunting and hiking. Thorogoods for work.

some mystery ranch gear is berry compliant.
Anyway do your own search that’s just my two cents.

Patagonia also has several Berry compliant pieces, you can only purchase them on the secondary market (Ebay), but includes a wide range of clothing (rain jacket/pants, insulating layers, soft-shell jacket/pants, windshirt, etc)

I can vouch for the windshirt, rain pants and soft-shell pants

Last edited:

excaliber

WKR
Most Custom Rifle actions are built here in the US. The same goes for Rifle barrels and Mcmillan stocks. It's the cheaper items and Clothing that is mostly outsourced. The best clothing manufacturers for hunting are made over seas.

Companies need to make money so they look for the best/cheapest way to produce their garments. I'd have no problem paying a bit more for clothing like Sitka if they made it somewhere other than China.

I'm all for buying made in America but until they are what are we to do? I think after this Covid 19 pandemic subsides there is going to be some real talk about bringing manufacturing back to the US. Pharmaceuticals will be #1 on that list.

It seems the only thing we make in America anymore is a MESS!!!!! I wish more industries were here in America again but the EPA has about ruined this country.... that being said I'm a farmer and I usually spend my money on Sitka gear.... Not American made but probably the best and most technically advanced out!!!

Bought Feathered Friends Helios blem puffy pants for $211. Made is Seattle USA. Better specs than virtually any Asian manufactured "USA hunting" brand pants, and cost less. I am so over paying high prices for Chinese crap. I know its not all crap. But definitely overpriced.

What pisses me off is a company charging "made in USA" pricing after they move manufacturing to China. To me that's just driven by greed or really poor business practices. If a company actually can't afford to sell at substantially lower prices after moving to China, they are a poorly run company that won't be around much longer. I can think of at least two big name hunting brands in the clothing game that I don't want to give any more of my money.

Last edited:
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Assembled in USA with global components is another scam. Made in china, upc sticker added in the USA is the correct interpretation.