Oklahoma Buck...w/ a few bonuses

gsimmons2

FNG
I come from SETX, some of the worst bowhunting I think there is so I was more than happy to go do some hunting in Oklahoma on my cousins land. With it being late season and the deer being so pressured I was mainly focused on getting some meat in the freezer.

Day 1: Ended up shooting 2 deer out of the same stand within about an hour. Shot one at 25 yards through the shoulder with a muzzy trocar HB and the other at about 10 yards with a regular muzzy trocar. Between the 2 I think they might have run 80 yards total. (Camera died on this one)44D29016-780C-4498-B389-60DB3E08EFC6.jpeg62C00563-7727-4BFF-AA08-63B466D96253.jpeg
Day 2: No deer were moving in the mornings so didn’t see anything that morning but the day 2 evening turned out to be brutal. 25 degrees with 20 +/- winds with a little sleet mixed in. I sat all evening seeing nothing. As I was getting down I saw one of the young deer that my cousin had said was sick. He spotted me as I stalked up to him and I guessed it to be about 30, put it on his shoulder and smoked him. He ended up running 40 yards before we bumped him so we decided to wait. Came back the next morning and he died 40 yards from where we bumped him.
36928D8F-C561-4E5E-A24F-E02D7D375A9F.jpeg
he ended up having an infection and had a green puss pocket in his hindquarters and his horn had fallen off when we grabbed him with a bunch of green all inside. His studs were Under the requirement for antlered so he went in as antlerless, so that gave me one more buck tag.

Day 3: At this point I was more than satisfied in the meat department and my brother that was hunting with me had yet to get a chance so I put him in the best spot possible. The spot I was hunting was a 6 acre pasture with one area of thickets and a cedar tree with a stand about 8 ft off the ground. This spot had never been hunted but it was surrounded by public. I ended up watching and filming this little yearling half-rack for about an hour when I noticed him looking into the public. I decided to grab my bow and get ready, and I’m glad I did. As soon as I saw the rack I knew he was a shooter. As he jumped the fence I knew I had one chance to draw so he put his head down behind the thicket and I drew. Hit him in the shoulder and got a pass through. He turned to run and bit the dust. Ended up running 25 yards and dying.9BE14AC4-9F56-47C4-9FAC-DE1D446D528B.jpeg2F3FB38B-AC0A-419E-8F06-CC2D3D0645DC.jpeg
I was truly blessed those few days and couldn’t be any more thankful. I wouldn’t give up bow hunting for the world. Nothing like it. Sorry for the long post and God bless!