Oklahoma rut timeline?

Wondering what everyone's take on the rut is in Oklahoma? Anyone seeing any pre rut activity? I am hunting N.E. Oklahoma. Delaware Co.

LostArra

WKR
I've seen young bucks moving. A few youngsters having a pillow fight. One young buck made a scrape but could barely reach a licking branch.

Every year I see more big bucks on or around my birthday November 13. Of course I hunt those days hard every year so I should see more animals. I do not worry about moon or weather I just reward myself for living another year by getting in the woods.

Last edited:

lnewton

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen bucks with does but not in rut per say. I have seen a few scrapes and rubs. Usually November 3rd-6th it really fires up around me in southern OK.

I hunt carter county, south central OK.

this weekend i saw a lot of ore rut activity, scrapes being tended, young bucks sniffing and some mild chasing, but the doe arent ready yet.
The pre rut will peak sometime in the next week and doe will start going into estrus within the next week and a half to two weeks.

Historically on my place at least, nov 10-11 seems to be the day when most doe are impregnated.

that usually means for hunters the “rut” peaks about a week or so before as what we call the “rut” is most of the

In Alfalfa county, I’m seeing quite a few scrapes, and young bucks are trying to get em a little before the big boys whoop their butts. The big bucks I’m seeing definitely haven’t started yet, but I’m betting it won’t be too long. I’m heading back up to my place on Wednesday to be there for the new moon on Thursday.

JAC357

FNG
It was getting good in AR, then got hot again. This cold snap should kick things off