Old Bear Takedown Hunter ?

Finn16

WKR
While cleaning out my FIL house after his passing, we came across a Bear Takedown Hunter bow. He wasn't a bowhunter so we were a bit surprised by it. Anyway, I don't know anything about takedown bows so here goes. The limbs slide into the limb pockets in the handle but they jiggle around and there is no locking mechanism, nor do I see how one would be employed. Are there some type of clamps that are missing? See pix and thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4992.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4988.jpg
    IMG_4988.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4989.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4990.jpg
    IMG_4990.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 17

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty sure they are held snug by the string. My first compound as a kid was a bear mini mag and it had the same system.

OP
Finn16

Finn16

WKR
I'm pretty sure they are held snug by the string. My first compound as a kid was a bear mini mag and it had the same system.

I wondered about that but wanted to be sure. I did some digging and found a 1975 Bear catalog online and looks like there are no clamps of any sort. Thanks for the info.

Chilax_1

FNG
I have an old Bear Minuteman bow that has the same limb / riser setup. Once the bow is strung up it holds everything tight. Fun old bow to play around with.

rnfarley

FNG
I didn't even know they made these but it looks like maybe the precursor to the current takedown design which added a small peg to keep them from sliding out of the limb socket, but the main retention is from being strung.