Old madden backpack

Loonman19

FNG
I just acquired this pack and I know nothing about it besides the fact the company might have gone out of business 20 years ago. It's a madden brand out of Boulder CO. It's fairly good sized but no tags to tell me the size. It has an internal Aluminum frame. For the picture I suck a 5 gallon bucket in it. Its way bigger than anything ill use in New England but I'm interested in seeing if I can get a bigger belt for it. Any info would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20220308_135309.jpg
    20220308_135309.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220308_135458.jpg
    20220308_135458.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 13

rideold

WKR
Madden became Sherpani and to my knowledge they do not make any Madden parts etc anymore. You might have luck on a MYOG forum or one of the thru hiker sites. I have two of them like that. One has a sleeping bag access zipper and the other does not. They are both the middle sized ones and are more intended for fast packing or short trips. Well made products if a bit on the heavy side but they do last. I picked mine up at their factory second/samples sales over the years. On mine the waist belt just slides into the pack frame and is secured by a velcro pad of sorts. If yours is like that as well I bet you could use most any modern waist strap that has a similar system. That or add an extension to the existing one using the buckles. The Osprey waist belts look to use a similar system