Old or New?

hobbes

WKR
Kind of. I just didn't want to take the chance of going to do my moose hunt and then not having enough time left for my elk hunt, and wasting my points. Now, if I can kill a moose early.......then I can go OTC or possibly pick up a leftover without using points. But elk is always my focus.....even when I get a moose and sheep tag.😬

Good plan. Focus on moose, elk afterwards. If I had a sheep tag, I wouldn't focus on anything but sheep until my sheep tag filled. I can hunt elk every year. Moose and Sheep would more than likely be a one time opportunity.

As far as original question goes, It depends on how the season progresses. I'll start off where I know but move if necessary.

could of swore i saw a thread with the same title on that other forum. i even saw my same post over there. whats up with that?

Good plan. Focus on moose, elk afterwards. If I had a sheep tag, I wouldn't focus on anything but sheep until my sheep tag filled. I can hunt elk every year. Moose and Sheep would more than likely be a one time opportunity.

As far as original question goes, It depends on how the season progresses. I'll start off where I know but move if necessary.

all part of the conspiracy. don't ya see? dole out sheep and moose tags, and the elk population goes up. just another way to stop guys from hunting elk ;)

New, but it's my first season. Luckily Ive spent a few years getting to know my GMU since it's practically my back yard. Hopefully it gives me an advantage 🤞

Sled

WKR
My unit has been a zoo since covid and now is on fire. I guess I'll be looking at plan C and figuring out plans D thru Z

Gerbdog

WKR
My unit has been a zoo since covid and now is on fire. I guess I'll be looking at plan C and figuring out plans D thru Z
I don't think your units' gonna be the only one with the above-mentioned conditions here in Colorado it doesn't look like. Lots of plans and best of luck!