Old reliables

Michael54

WKR
I'm pretty sure all of us have done it. Retired a piece of gear to upgrade to the newest model or next greatest thing since sliced bread only to realize after going down the rabbit hole of newest and greatest that you just can't seem to stop going back to it. I'd have to say for me its my buck 112 ranger. I've went lightweight, supersteel, tool steel, interchangeable blades, and yet still always seem to go back to that buck folder. It just fits my use and wants of a knife better than the others. What piece of gear do you guys have that you just keep going back to year after year after trying to upgrade it?

EastMT

WKR
I'm pretty sure all of us have done it. Retired a piece of gear to upgrade to the newest model or next greatest thing since sliced bread only to realize after going down the rabbit hole of newest and greatest that you just can't seem to stop going back to it. I'd have to say for me its my buck 112 ranger. I've went lightweight, supersteel, tool steel, interchangeable blades, and yet still always seem to go back to that buck folder. It just fits my use and wants of a knife better than the others. What piece of gear do you guys have that you just keep going back to year after year after trying to upgrade it?

Old Rem model 7 308 I turned into an HS-SS before Rem came out with them. If I don’t need a Magnum, this is old faithful. Knock on wood it’s batting 1000 since bought it used in 2001

Old Leupold vx2-3, seem more reliable than the new ones.

Bushnell 6500’s, I have what may be the worlds largest collection of 2.5-16’s hehe I can’t help myself every time is see a good priced one. IMO the best 6x Magnification scope you can get for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
1) a very old Remington Fanny pack. It has a round body and smaller pockets on the side. I’ve farted around with 5-6 different ones but nothing has beat it so far

2) also an old orvis fly vest. Same deal.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
1) a very old Remington Fanny pack. It has a round body and smaller pockets on the side. I’ve farted around with 5-6 different ones but nothing has

Old Rem model 7 308 I turned into an HS-SS before Rem came out with them. If I don’t need a Magnum, this is old faithful. Knock on wood it’s batting 1000 since bought it used in 2001

Old Leupold vx2-3, seem more reliable than the new ones.

Bushnell 6500’s, I have what may be the worlds largest collection of 2.5-16’s hehe I can’t help myself every time is see a good priced one. IMO the best 6x Magnification scope you can get for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's an old rem model 7 floating around the 6 families on the family farm that always end up being packed as a backup gun when going for anything smaller than elk. Doesn't shoot great groups but the first shot cold bore is dead on every time it seems.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Remington 788 in 243 bought used in 1983 with my first money from my box boy job. It still shoots 1” groups with just about any ammo and has taken dozens of critters, including a deer and antelope this year already. I will keep it until I’m gone.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Remington 788 in 243 bought used in 1983 with my first money from my box boy job. It still shoots 1” groups with just about any ammo and has taken dozens of critters, including a deer and antelope this year already. I will keep it until I’m gone.

I’ve got my dads 788 in 22-250 that he got when he was 17. Best trigger and I think the scope that’s on it is stuck dead on. It’s been dead on for 50 years.