Old Remington 9 1/2 primers?

Hnttillmt

FNG
So I have about 1000 Remington 9 1/2 primers. Dad bought them sometime in the 90s. When I got my first magnum rifle I was using them for load development and was not liking my es. I switched to cci and had better results. Since then the Remingtons have just been collecting dust. They have endured numerous bitter cold winters in unheated storage units and garages in Montana. Given the current state of supplies I’m feeling like they might have to become an option again at some point.
Thoughts on reliability at this point?
Anyone use these much as your primary magnum primer?

packer58

WKR
Don't use em personally, but if they were kept dry and preferably in their original packaging they should be fine.

OXN939

WKR
Found some Remington 9 1/2s today at a local gun store, and picked up two bricks. Anyone have experience with these? Read done article that did not have glowing things to say about their ES in rifle loads, but interestingly, they're the primer shown by Barnes in their 6.5 PRC load data.

JFK

WKR
Barnes load data lists Remington primers because Remington owns Barnes. Simple as that. Barnes factory ammo uses rem primers and rem brass with a Barnes head stamp. I’ve worked up Barnes loads using both Rem and CCI using their load data. Of course, when switching primers I backed off and worked back up to near max but didn’t notice any appreciable difference in the two primers.

OXN939

WKR
Remington owns Barnes

I'd heard that actually- I have a load using "Barnes" brass, which I understand is identical to RP brass. They do, however, recommend other primers for some loads in their load data- their .308 load recommends Federal 210s. Anyone see a difference in accuracy/ speed? I'll also add that the ones I purchased today appear to be new production.