Old you giving young you firearms advice...

Rich M

Well Known Rokslider
There is only 1 gun i miss - Ruger Red Label All Weather.

Otherwise i did pretty good with exception of shooting 3006 for 44-45 years. Should have switched to less recoil 30 years ago.

Wvroach

Well Known Rokslider
If barrels and crates of milsurp rifles show up buy them. They all increased 500% in value over 10-15 years.

Lowg08

Well Known Rokslider
Take care of your money so you don’t have to pawn guns to make it. Then lose them. Don’t sell the 44 pistol or 44 carbine. Buy every model 7 caliber they make. So not sell the Ruger skeleton stock 308 and 30/06. Don’t sell the Ruger Hawkeye. Are we seeing a trend. I screwed up allot when I was younger. Hit big storms. Buy nice guns. Run through money. Repeat over and over. Then marry a woman who is awesome with money and then it’s a non issue. If I buy a gun now. It’s staying and it’s a well thought out purchase.

gbflyer

Well Known Rokslider
Invent an avenue where men who have consumed one too many beverages can sit in their underwear at home behind a computer and bid against other men in the same condition from all around the country for firearms and shooting accessories. Call it something like “Gunbroker”.

TRD1911

Well Known Rokslider
Learn to reload sooner. You learn so much more about ballistics and firearm function than just banging away on cheap factory rounds.

Buy firearms like tools. Don't fall for the pretty thing that doesn't serve a purpose in your toolbox or prioritizes looks over functionality.

Invest in the tools and spare parts to keep them functioning and in proper maintenance.

Travis907

Well Known Rokslider
Buy all the firearms,ammo,primers,cases and powder that you can afford! Sell a few now and retire happy!

jbravo13

Buy once cry once - don’t spend money on a cheaper gun just to buy a gun. Practice patience and save up a little extra to buy something you really want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

Well Known Rokslider
“Listen, dumbass, you need five long guns: Small, medium, and large bore rifles, a 22 LR, and a shotgun. You can add a pistol or two, one for plinking and one for heavier work. Beyond that, all you need is practice.”

The 50-year-old-me to my 17-year-old-me.

Breddoch

“Listen, dumbass, you need five long guns: Small, medium, and large bore rifles, a 22 LR, and a shotgun. You can add a pistol or two, one for plinking and one for heavier work. Beyond that, all you need is practice.”

The 50-year-old-me to my 17-year-old-me.
I would also address my 17 yo self as dumbass.

rclouse79

Well Known Rokslider
Do a lot of research and find one caliber that will work for everything. Then spend all of the money you would have spent on random impulse gun purchases for one gun and one scope. Then find an accurate round and buy a lifetime supply of ammo. If you buy other guns after that fine, but do that first.

Wrench

Well Known Rokslider
I’ve been that guy. Being that guy ******* sucks. Believe me all young people seeing this picture you do not want to be this guy. If I could go back in time I would have bought the best damn bomb proof safe I could’ve barely afforded.
For those who haven't been there, safe in a corner with as little combustible above and around it as possible. Away from gas, oil powder....etc is a good plan. I think a metal liner like a shower pan with holes in the bottom with a dozen 5 gallon water jugs would be worth it's weight. If there's a water shortage....win, if there's a fire... you just bought time.