Older bow parts and overhaul??

I generally preface things in this section as "I am not a Bow Junky or Bow Nerd". But I purchased my own bow press recently and I am ready to take the next step into bow tuning and mechanics.

I am really not much of a Bow Hunter. Prefer rifles. But I DO shoot bows almost daily Quiet and Easy,

Over the last few years I've tried a Carbon Defiant, Elite Option 6, Hoyt HyperEdge in both 70 and 60. Recently ordered and received a 2021 PSE EVO in 80.

I am a Left Handed shooter. It's very difficult to walk into a shop and Shoot before you Buy. So I throw darts on AT and sometimes try a few bows.

I bought an Elite E35 in maybe 2013 or 2014? To date....that is the sweetest and best shooting bow...FOR ME....by a landslide. I put it in the corner because I can move the bottom cam around (ever so slightly) by hand. I've shot the ever living piss out of that bow. Thousands of arrows. I think the bushings, axles, cams or whatever...are simply blown out.

Think I contacted Elite a few years ago about new hardware. Seemed like it was not a realistic option.

Where do old bows go to die? Any thoughts on options to rebuild this bow w/out going through Elite? Probably have $300 into whatever I can find. Bow isn't really worth $300 on AT.

I kinda got sucked into New and Improved. Think that's the entire Archery circle. Think my Vegas and Foam scores would be much better with a 2013 than this 2021. This new PSE (and I swore I would NEVER shoot a PSE....but I got sucked into getting a Nock On, Rock On with Jocko, Joe, Andy, Evan, Mat....blah blah blah) Bow is LOUD. Doesn't point and hold nearly like the Elite of Old. Doesn't stay there through the shot either.

The E35 was and still is a sweet bow. Though I never owned one I did come close.
I don't have much to comment on refurbing your old bow or how to retire it but I'd say just try to find another used one on AT for 200-300 that has been shot less. You could then maybe use parts from your current E35 to keep that newer one running for years.

I plan to shoot my Nitrum 34 from 2015? until it dies. That is another good shooter.

That e35 likely falls under the Elite lifetime warranty. You will need to go through a dealer but they will get you parts to keep it going.

I have a few old bows that I'll just hang onto, they hang on a peg. In 25 years they will probably seem odd.

Bow fit is a lot, the Elites just didn't shoot as well for me as others.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
Are you talking side to side play with the cam on the axle? If so, a quick shim job should clean that up. There’s a guy on AT that sells shim kits for about $25. If there is more play than that, you could try replacing the bearings in the cams. Regardless, I don’t think you wore anything out that can’t easily be fixed.

The E35 was and still is a sweet bow. Though I never owned one I did come close.
I don't have much to comment on refurbing your old bow or how to retire it but I'd say just try to find another used one on AT for 200-300 that has been shot less. You could then maybe use parts from your current E35 to keep that newer one running for years.

I plan to shoot my Nitrum 34 from 2015? until it dies. That is another good shooter.
Sssshh stop letting out the secrets. I still need to find a backup for mine. Tbh, I'd rather buy new limbs for it at $350ish than get a new bow.