Older gentlemen sheep hunt

What is the easiest Sheep hunt? Bunch of us older folk want to try sheep. We can walk on flat terrain at sea level... no problem.
Above 6,000 feet starts to affect us. We all slowed down on our 7000' Elk hunt. Never knew elevation & up hill affects us like it did. We couldn't cover the ground we wanted too.

Would need to be fully guided.

Any recommendations on something doable for the older hunters? Guided.

WyoElk

WKR
I’d be looking at some West Texas Aoudad hunts. Sheep hunting and Easy are a bit of an oxymoron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
I struggled to think of an easy sheep hunt in the U.S. other than a tough draw tag for desert locales.
You could think Canada. They will chopper a hunter to an easier vantage point.

Good on ya for sticking with it.

Free-range European Mouflon often occupy areas that don’t require a lot of climbing. Same with Aoudad - terrain varies quite a bit but many herds in Texas are not in steep mountains. Both are wild sheep and fun to hunt.

Wouldn’t rate any native North American Sheep Hunts as easy. All are generally in steep, rough terrain. Although some bands have taken up bad habits like hanging around roads In the lower 48 - have seen some videos. Have also heard California Bighorns can be found in easier terrain with high success, but they can be really pricey. But that‘s the trade-off = easy terrain and high success comes with an increased price tag.

OP
Short Track
I'm looking in Texas. A lot of them seem to be high fenced. But they call them free ranging over 10 zillion acres.

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
There are lots of aoudad hunts in Texas that are not high fence. Most of them are in country that is fairly to very rough though. There are some possibilities that are easier to get around in though. Check with Matt Hicks in the Texas Panhandle. He may be able to accommodate your group's needs. https://www.facebook.com/MnhOutfitting/

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
There are lots of aoudad hunts in Texas that are not high fence. Most of them are in country that is fairly to very rough though. There are some possibilities that are easier to get around in though. Check with Matt Hicks in the Texas Panhandle. He may be able to accommodate your group's needs. Matt does have high fence ranches, but he also has low fence free range hunts for aoudad and native game animals.

https://www.facebook.com/MnhOutfitting/

Halfslam

Lil-Rokslider
You'll be pretty much out of luck in the lower 48 without any preference points. If you are lucky enough to draw finding a sheep guide will be the easy part.
I agree with WyoElk...."Sheep hunting and Easy are a bit of an oxymoron."

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You can hunt introduced European sheep in Hawaii. Take your wives and let them enjoy the island while you hunt lol.

There some desert sheep hunts in Mexico that are easier on the body as well.