Older 'New' SLC or spend a few extra and buy the EL?

Just wanted to update the thread to tell you guys I located a BNIB Swarovski 8x42 SLC at a gun & outdoor store here in NC for $1,230 before tax. Last pair. They won't ship merchandise, so It was a 6 hour drive roundtrip, but worth it to me. My wife said "that's the ones you really want? Let's all go!" How many pairs are left brand new sitting around? Not many is my guess as I combed the internet looking for them. Called every conceivable place that sells optics. Called dozens and dozens of dealers listed on the Swarro site. Called dozens and dozens of brick and mortar small time outdoor stores. When I called the store that had them (on a lark) I couldn't believe it when the guy said they had a brand new pair sitting in the locked cabinet in front of him.

Anyway, I love them! I was able to do a little bird watching here at our farm today. Clarity and brightness blows my Leupolds away. I thought the Leupold binoculars were pretty decent before. NOW I know they are shockingly bad. These are just so freaking good. Crazy! Thanks for everyone's help!
Congrats on the purchase! The SLC are a great bino and very clear. I would recommend the outdoorsman bino stud and adapter. Put those SLC on a tripod and they will impress you even more.

tdhanses

WKR
Just wanted to update the thread to tell you guys I located a BNIB Swarovski 8x42 SLC at a gun & outdoor store here in NC for $1,230 before tax. Last pair. They won't ship merchandise, so It was a 6 hour drive roundtrip, but worth it to me. My wife said "that's the ones you really want? Let's all go!" How many pairs are left brand new sitting around? Not many is my guess as I combed the internet looking for them. Called every conceivable place that sells optics. Called dozens and dozens of dealers listed on the Swarro site. Called dozens and dozens of brick and mortar small time outdoor stores. When I called the store that had them (on a lark) I couldn't believe it when the guy said they had a brand new pair sitting in the locked cabinet in front of him.

Anyway, I love them! I was able to do a little bird watching here at our farm today. Clarity and brightness blows my Leupolds away. I thought the Leupold binoculars were pretty decent before. NOW I know they are shockingly bad. These are just so freaking good. Crazy! Thanks for everyone's help!
Score!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ that worked out very well :)

I snagged a used pair on here that were a 2020 build- last year they made them I think.

Portland

FNG

How have these been treating you?