Older Zeiss optics

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
Seen a few older zeiss binos and scopes for sale locally. Don’t know much about them or value.
One was the victory t*fl 10x42 binos,
The other a 65mm t*fl diascope.

Anyone ever use or own these? How do they compare to other models? Current uses value if in good condition?

Thanks

The Zeiss Victory FL T* 10x42 is a fine premium binocular. From 2004-2014 this was the absolute top-end Zeiss design. It is based on an Abbe-Koenig Prism Design, which has many optical advantages. The resolution and brightness are superb, with very low CA. The FOV would be average for today’s 10x42. It is not a flat-field design so there will be some edge distortion.

Would recommend taking a look through one if you can to see if you like the view. Couldn’t put a price on it, but one could look at the older classifieds here and elsewhere on the net to get an idea.

BTW - The Zeiss Victory FL T* has a lifetime warranty that transfers to subsequent owners.

OP
F

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
The warranty is appealing.
From what I’ve seen on previous sales, they are asking far to much though. We will see what happens. I’m never in a rush to make big purchases.

Honyock

WKR
If the price is right, I would have no issue at all with the Zeiss Victory FL. I don't think my eyes could tell the difference between the FL and SF.