Oldest Kifaru In Use?

Maverick1

WKR
Been quite a few threads lately about hunting pack manufacturers and the options available these days. Would like to hear about the more durable Kifaru setups out there.

(There are also a few older threads on this topic from Rokslide, too.)
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/what-was-the-first-available-kifaru-pack.203520/
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/who-remembers-when-kifaru-only.15502/
https://kifaru.net/a-little-kifaru-history-written-in-1997/

So, who has the oldest Kifaru frame or pack that is used on a regular basis? (Not sitting on a shelf or hanging in the basement or attic!)

sivart

WKR
I bought it right out of college. Probably drained my bank account at the time. I don't regret it.

2five7

WKR
My Nomad is only 7 years old, but I wear it almost day for 2-3 .I the every year. It's packed out at least dozens of Bull Elk, and many Mule deer. Has one small rip on the bottom where the frame is starting to poke through.

Would definitely buy another one if I was in the market

Frame I still use is from 2009, originally for military T&E. I still use a Point man from the same time period.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
My main hunting pack is a Siwash I bought around 2005. I’ve carried out more deer and elk than I can count and have had to have the stays sewn back on the pack a couple times because they ripped off the bag from so much weight. They’re gonna bury my wearing that bag.

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Still using a Gen1 longhunter. Wish I had bought one of those meat shelf things Kifaru was making for awhile

Had a KU pack that I regret selling.

BAC14D8C-A994-4C97-8B32-6072BEDC05D3.jpeg

I have had only one hunting pack in my life A Late Season Generation l, which I won in a Chinese Auction somewhere around 2003 for $75.00 dollars and I'm still using it!

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
Gen 1 E&E with X-Ray Straps and the Organizer in Blk. I use it all the time.
I'm thinking I purchased it in maybe 2006. It was back when they still did
a few mods on request. This one has two straps added to the top. I carry a
jacket there. When I took these pics in August I was wearing the jacket. I'll
have to snap a pic or two with the jacket stowed.P1.jpgP2.jpg

Lane579

FNG
Not the oldest, but I used my ZXR a couple weeks ago to pack out my son's first whitetail. I've used it for elk in NM and CO, I think an oryx trip or two, and several backpacking camping adventures. I want to say I got it around 2007 or so. I'm sure it will outlast me!

As an aside I just was at the Kifaru headquarters yesterday because the buckle on my sternum strap broke. Went in they looked at it cut off the old strap and replaced it with their new new version. That's the first breakage due to wear since I bought the pack! Of course no charge!